Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Bank Error in My Favor

December 7-9, 2007

Ran ToAU 4-11, 12 flagged (first fight in series – 12 farms key item, 13 is the fight)

Popped Nyzul Isle portal

Leveled a bit on DNC, to 9. Duoed with Japanese called Thikaru and chatted a tiny bit in Japanese.

Lust planning on creating a HNM LS and wants me in as WHM. Offered to level with me once he gets closer to 56 on DRK (at 52 ATM)

Checked DB on leaving at 5ish to pick up Ape from babysitting – Got 300k payment for Rusty Dagger in Windy. Turns out Ferenan seriously overpaid but haven’t seen them on to settle. Jeuno AH history seems to be for a high-level NIN and/or PLD-type DD. He spends a lot on high end items and ammo.

Confirm char level upon meeting

When I told RDB, pretty much everyone except Mag expected me to keep it or share it. Lust had overpaid some time ago on an item and wasn’t able to get his gil back (so keeping mine would be fair). Sinz wants some ‘cos he’s poor. Fhox thought I should split with shell (prolly a /wink), I can’t remember if Chucho was still on, and Mag was fiercely defending the honorable position – “You (Aer) know what to do” and he won’t take any cut.

I always liked Mag but now I really like ‘im. He actually PMed me to see what I was going to do. I assured him I had no plans to keep it. When I told the group what had happened and their first “lucky dog” tells came through my response was “I can’t actually KEEP it!” I added that even though the GMs couldn’t make me give it back (their assertion, not mine) my inner compass would. I play White Mage for a reason.

I sincerely hope Fhox wasn’t really expecting me to keep it. Or said another way, that he won’t be pissed when I give it back. I don’t really blame people for wanting a sniff – 300k is a LOT of money in this place. But not only should I not keep it if Ferenan made an honest mistake, I need assurance that even if he doesn’t want it back that this isn’t GS blood money before I’ll hang on to it.

No comments: