Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sinz-ful Dancing

Today was another really short, straightforward day. I logged in, found no sign of Ferenan and got ready to head for Windy and more Dancer leveling. I was only 100 away from 10 and figured I could get halfway to 11. There’s some good gear coming up at 11 and 15, so…

Just as I was leaving my MH, Fhox asked if I wanted to farm with him and Puma in Oldton. I told him my plans, and that I only had an hour or so. Sinz however, piped up and asked if I wanted company. His THF was at 17 so I told him he’d need something closer to 10. He said he had a WAR12 and was near Bastok. As he headed in for the change, I teled over and made my way there as well.

I cursed my decision to not travel through Jeuno because the Blind Knife +1 I wanted wasn’t available in Basty. Sinz offered his Beestinger, which I can’t equip. He then ran off, spent CP and traded me Legionnaire’s Knuckles. Immediately I see a problem – they’re only +2 ACC versus +4 on my Cesti +1s, and the delay is nearly double. But I didn’t want to be rude and refuse his gesture. I saw Chucho running around here too.

We headed out and I quickly dinged. On switching to the Knuckles, it’s apparent the delay is going to keep my TP too low to dance and combo. I stick with them until we reach Dangruf Wadi (my first visit!) and we die to a Wadi Leech that was T. I switch back to the Cestis.

While dead, we watched a trio: Sirjason, Madamtitsalot and Ihaveapeeniz. I had already lol-ed at the names but thankfully, Sirjason was Raise-capable because he got us both back on our feet. Not before commenting on what we looked like from his view – “Thong city”… We chuckled and wondered if he’d be shocked to learn the truth of our genders. I did comment aloud that we Mithra tend to die that way for some reason.

This is when I got confirmation that Sinz is male also, with a wife and 2 kids whom he plans to bring online soon. I have no idea how old he is.

After that, we found a rhythm and made slow but steady progress. I finally convinced him that 30-40 XP kills that die in less than 30 seconds beats walking all over looking for EM or T mobs for 60-90.

At around midnight, Ape calls me saying she can’t sleep. >< So I say my thanks and farewells, and give him back his Knuckles, along with a 1k rental tip. I don’t think he even saw that part. He said I could’ve kept them but I insisted they were his – his points, his item. He should use them or sell them. I certainly won’t be using them – I’m getting ready to abandon H2H anyway.

I think I got around 1,200 XP – not bad for mostly EPs and being a duo.

No comments: