Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No Rest for the Weary

Christmas Break (12/21-12/25)

Wow – in a late-evening orgy of Wajaom XP parties, I made about 35k XP in around 6 hours. I’m about 3k from 60, so clearly it’s time to get on the ball re: LB3 and AF gear.

All this XP was made on Lesser Colibris and in just 3 parties, each lasting about 2 hours. The first was a chain-pulling frenzy, where even with Ginger Cookies for the MPR, I was having a hard time keeping up. The second was also a chain-pulling crew but they had 3 healers total (DNC, PLD, WHM) so I had little to do besides Hastes. The third was a little more methodical with fewer chains and more gaps between. However, with RDM, BLM and WHM plus a PLD, I had very little to do since the RDM (and his rep) both insisted on Hasting as well.

Christmas Day evening I logged in and caught Fhox online. I told him about my growing suspicions of Bigbirdfly and Dijena being RMT and he tells me to take care of it. Nice. So, basically, I have to try to coax some explanation from them about their suspicious AH history and completely silent behavior since joining several days ago. And kick them from RDB if I’m still convinced they’re RMT…

However, since bumping into Bigbirdfly, anonymous, in the Goblin room in Horutoto (prompting my suspicions) I haven’t seen either of them. I honestly think the STF got them. Better the faceless STF than little ol’ Aer – I don’t know how organized the GSers are but I surely don’t want to be on their naughty list.

Fhox also said we might be able to work on AF this weekend, if I were to start playing weekends again. I lol’ed and said I’ve been playing daily, but on weekends I don’t usually start until late. Usually around midnight and then I play while watching the Action block on [as].

I did have an interesting combat trial: In the third party, our puller accidentally targeted a NM Colibri that was clearly our better. It was smacking us around pretty fiercely when someone called orders to {Log out}. However, the PLD wasn’t able to execute a clean logout because by this time she and I were the only two left and she had aggro. I tried (unintentionally) to cover her escape but she died not long after. And then it was my turn. I *did* have enough sense to hold Benediction – I was aware enough of the battle progress to know it wouldn’t help, and it wouldn’t protect the full party since the rest were dropping off rapidly.

Immediately I saw {Reraise}? in chat and being sensitive to the 3 Japanese, replied with the /yes emote.

After Reraising and fixing up the PLD, we moved camp to the Leypoint and had no other trouble. Well, besides me almost missing the nuke aggro our leader Deleon pulled after unleashing an Ancient BLM spell. I was too busy watching the chat log trying to figure out what he was doing and I got a lot of help on cures before the tank regained hate.

Also also, I gave Besieged another crack. While I still had the ClearWire, I was able to complete one and got 748xp! Later, on dial-up. I DCed 3 times ><. I missed the end (another win) by about 3 minutes, so no reward for me. Damn! I did take heavy damage through cure-aggro (727 on a one-shot!) and figured I would be in line for more XP had I been able to close the deal.

Gotta get broadband…

No comments: