Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fast Flowing XP

Ape was feeling lousy all day so I planned on spending the evening with her, and after last night’s Christmas Card grind, I wasn’t sure I even wanted to play. I wound up cooking dinner and taking care of Ape, and we watched some TV (Smarter Than a 5th Grader and Don’t Forget the Lyrics) before she turned in.

Since I had Mom’s internet and router, I set that up and took care of the PS3 2.10 update, and on leaving Ape, played a little GH online. Prime2003 beat me on “One”, I took “Flames”, and was leading on “Devil” when he DCed. Chump! Yay – I finally win against a live player!

Anyway, I don’t log in until close to 11 and flagged up on WHM. I think I had a full 10 minute wait before receiving 2 invites. I had already taken the first from Nasla when the second came in from Chigs, so I had to apologize and remember to flag down.

We set out for the Leypoint in Wajaom by bird and once all 7 (Smokebud’s brother PLed) of us were present and ready we started. I quickly realize I’m not going to have a lot to do and ask permission to melee, which I get. So aside from Dia II’s I swing my trusty Staff and try for Divine and Enfeebling skillups. I actually get 2 on staff, 1 on Enhance, 5 on Enfeeb and 1 or 2 on Divine. I wish I knew why Enfeeb moves so quickly – I’m at 84% of the cap now, with most everything else in the 60-70% range…

Once our PL left I stopped all melee and took up the buff and Haste cycles, forgetting early on how quickly Haste wears and losing the notices in the fast-scrolling chat log. But aside from three times our Tarudin Qasim got orange or red, I kept the party solidly healthy.

I even tried asking Qasim if he minded me Flashing for Divine skillups but I think he must be Japanese. I think his reply asked me if I wanted him to stop so I tried to convey both of us, to which he said, {I see.}w. If I understand my Japanese emotes, w is short for わらう, to laugh… Nice.

So I only got one Flash in, when he went AFK a bit, and I got .1 for my trouble.

The party ended when Nasla and 2 or 3 others took off for a Limbus run just after 1am. Arthias and I were left to our own devices. I warped home and ran a 3k tele for Scilina to Mea, but I never was able to collect. Apparently, a gil-only trade still fails if inventory was full. I really didn’t want to toss anything (but for 3k I should have ditched some crystals ><) so I gave it to her free. I said I was in a good mood having come off a great XP party. She said being happy was good, and Medicine (one of her mates) thanked me for the freebie.


I warp back home and then free-warp to Jeuno, winding up in Saromugue. I was fiddling about with Flash for skillups when Nasla runs by and kills my target – lol.

I end the night by putting 4 Colibri beaks and 1 Blind up for sale at Jeuno’s AH.

Final Thoughts

So, for about 90 minutes of work, I wound up with about 9,800 XP, or about 100 a minute. And that was on just one EB charge. I think that’s the fastest or second-fastest XP I’ve ever received. This was mostly because we were chain-5 or chain-6-ing the Colibris regularly. Most pulls happened just before or just after the current one’s death, and as RNG, our puller could reach out and touch them from afar.

Even though I now sport +17 MPR, I may yet have to resort to buying Refresh drinks. The Elemental Seal + Aspir trick only works every 10 minutes, netting about 20-30 MP. Heck, our SCH Houri ribbed me about it. On chain-pulls I run out too fast, especially from Hastes.

I’m now less than 6k from 58!

Also, I haven’t seen Fhox or Chucho on since Monday, and Lust only once. And the new recruits don’t ever say anything!

No comments: