Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Long Night

Today was almost all party. I got an invite pretty quickly after flagging up at around 1am. Our leader initially took us to a Puk camp in Wajaom Woodlands. After three pulls it was clear I was going to have a long night. The Puks have a massive wind-based AoE that drives its targets back several meters and does high damage. Our stunner was having some luck stopping the attacks but we were getting hit pretty hard.

Then, to make things interesting, we wound up with a link. I slept one once I realized what was going on and then popped Benecide. I died, just after two of the party dropped. While all this was going on, the other 3 DC. I was left weakened with two corpses to tend to. While waiting for MP, the others come back just as I exclaimed “Whiskey Tango Hotel – what was all that about?!!” I thought they ditched us to avoid dying and were leaving the party for good.

I took leader from one of the downed players, re-invited everyone and then gave lead back to Opium. We elect to move camp to Cape Terrigan, which I’ve never been to. I warned the leader I wasn’t sure if I had the necessary access because I thought getting there required a quest. Nope – just a long run through Kuftal Tunnel.

Where I died. AGAIN. I had RR up so it was no big, but damn, how embarrassing >< Sneak had fallen and I recast, but a Crab followed me anyway and since I ran, it pulled links. Oh well.

Once there, we got into a groove requiring little downtime, thanks in part to the COR’s refreshing rolls. I dinged 57 and realized the time – 4am. I tried to beg off but the leader asked the party to stick around for her level, so we all did.

At the end, it was D2 for everyone but me and then it was time for bed. I finally got to use that Shellra III scroll I’ve been dragging around for ages.

No comments: