Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Busy Busy Bee

Wed Morning:

Quick note: Both of us feel the foam topper is helping us with our sleep-aches. But dang, that thing STILL stinks, after three days in the garage and three more on the bed!

-=-=-=-

Tue:

7am dentist appointment. /Yawn Despite being held up a bit by Ape ^.~, I made it to the appointment on time, and I didn't even get fussed at for not flossing. Maybe because I have been, once a week or so anyway.

On my lunch break, I looked into volunteering for "IMAlive", TWLOHA's summer project for suicide prevention. It seems pretty intense and I'm not sure I could handle that much pain. But I'd love to help somehow!

After work, met fam in Sawgrass for Younger's first swim meet. Versus the Sawgrass Sharks. Elder got a chuckle when the wind blew part of their team banner down, leaving only the last three letters visible q:

Younger did his best but he's having a little trouble with his entry and his turns. Poor kid keeps belly-flopping which not only stings, it knocks his goggles off too.

The meet started at about 4:30, and we didn't leave until nearly *8:00*! Mind you, none of us had eaten dinner yet! And the place Ape wanted to try was about 30 minutes away.

But, we made it, and after a slow start, got some really delicious food. I indulged, having a burger, fries and Coke Classic. It was worth it ^^ We didn't leave until 10 and home was another 40-odd minues away so I didn't see the inside of my house until close to 11. And this was after leaving at like 6:30...

In any case, Ape and I watched a little South Park and had a talk about my cosplay. If you're ever interested in studying causality, look at me. One little decision almost a year ago and the ripples are still being felt now.

I don't think I quite have a /green/ light but I'm close. My plan is to solidify things with her tomorrow and then put in the request Thursday. Assuming tomorrow goes well!

I actually fell asleep putting more movies on T-Dub. Ape had to wake me so I could put everything up and go to sleep properly.

-=-=-=-

Mon:
up early to drop younger off for swim practice. Pretty down about the whole cosplay thing.

At lunch, a chance tweet on Twitter's homepage caught my eye, just as I was logging out: TWLOHA has a twitter. And a benefit update tweet is what rolled up the "top tweets" scroll just as I was closing the window. Which meant I had to log back in, find them, and follow them.

Then I started poking around their website looking at merch (some great shirts await!) and then I saw a blurb about "I'm Alive", a volunteer effort they're trying to launch to combat suicide attempts. They want to train and staff a line (site?) with 1,000 people, each giving 4 hours a week for a year.

I find their ideas intriguing and I wish to subscribe to their newsletter...

-=-=-=-

Sun:
Ape's can opener warning
Huggies jean diaper lines (The coolest you'll look pooping your pants)
thrift store template search
grocery shopping
yardwork
city cruise listening to RB 2nd gear
death of dreams redux?
put stinky foam topper on the bed
bed early, awakened 2:47am, terrible sleep after ><

-=-=-=-

Sat:
nice breakfast, then chores
off with Bonnie & Mimi - dinner at Mikes
saw the duckies
Late party on DNC, to 54.7

No comments: