Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, June 7, 2010

Mandy Monday

(Did I do that one already?)

Spent almost all day at work doing support - AKA putting out fires. I got a lot of them put out, but it was tiring grinding through all those issues.

With lunchtime and TKD time, I got through 20% of Eclipse and I'm getting into it.

At home, I ate and soon got on XI. After checking on the shell meeting (cancelled) I planned to pick up where I left off with last night's soloing and try flagging up near the end of the page. I got the invite, from Steelcyclone, for the jungles of Elshimo.

I had a little time as the roster wasn't full, so I finished off my page and went back to Windy to dump meds, gear and junk. Then I picked up a pumpkin and OPed my way to the group.

Initially his plan was for me to voke off him so he could cast shadows. Which would have been fine had I been able to hit squat with my Quicksteps. Eventually I was able to build up both TP and steps and between curagas to wake us from the mandies, I did my best to voke off Steel.

Things went pretty well too, and between two anni bands and one regular band charge, the two-plus hours netted me over 16k XP, and more than halfway to 51! Also, Countjethuth was my rep, so that was nice too.

Oh, I saw this at work today - what a quote! On the Today show, Obama was talking with Matt Lauer about his administration's response to BP's befouling of our Gulf waters. Lauer needled him a bit but Obama's response needs to be shortened and plastered on a t-shirt:

"I don't sit around talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose ass to kick."

That is pure Presidential awesome-sauce!

No comments: