Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Slow Week

Besides being bummed at work, I haven't done anything much related to XI. I spent both Tuesday and Wednesday with Ape, reading, surfing the net, and watching TV. Last night was "Sleepless in Seattle", after Ape realized she'd stalled on the Stanley Cup finals.

Wednesday I chatted with LK and managed to get in our first game of chess. Not much of a game, really. I'm not that good. I fail to properly analyze all threats and opportunities and make boneheaded moves. Still, it was fun finally trying that out with him! Also, he's going to be moving to NY soon - here's hoping things work out for him there!

Tonight, I finished Eclipse (all 629 pages) after less than a week. Now I totally can't wait until the 30th! Later, it was family dinner with Mimi and our aunt, who finally made it over. Very yummy, as always, Ape!

Took a little time to update XI and put my junk back up on the AH. I also ripped some more games to TFM, including Falling Stars. It's...interesting. I have a feeling the reviews are going to be dead on with this one. But the worn gear=NPC charisma is interesting.

Later, I brought up the source of this week's malaise - my cosplay. I only have until the 20th to commit and I'm having a hard time working out how to balance the pain it causes her if I do it, versus not and hurting myself, which would hurt her too. Can I win here?

When we talked about it she basically told me to do it anyway and that what bothers her is the girlishness of the costume. -.-

Before bed, Ape quizzed me on past spelling bee winning words. I got 4 of 5!

No comments: