Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Too Much LFG

Saturday

Today's been very quiet. While Ape and Younger were at his swim meet, I slept in, then woke up and ate the sammy she made for me while watching whatever I could find.

Then I jumped on XI and flagged up on Dancer and soloed two pages in the Sanctuary. This put me 2.5k into 51, so I'm almost ready to start my AF properly. I'm also high enough now to consider gear upgrades where my AF won't do. I really need new knives soon!

Now we're chilling and getting ready to head out for family time.

-=-=-=-

Friday - Continuing from yesterday...

Younger's too-long graduation ceremony was too long, but it was nice. They did a pretty good job with awards and different segments to break up the time. There were choral performances, a slideshow, farewells from the teachers and more. Younger looked so professional in his suit! And I think he might have been as surprised as we were at some of the awards he got!

Our very-late breakfast at Bob Evans was nice, but hectic with 13 of us. Sis bought the boys (minus Elder) Silly Bandz. Wow - the controversial rubber bands shaped like stuff! I happen to think they're neat, but I also see how they're absolutely awful in a classroom.

I didn't make it to work until 1:30 and wound up just taking the full day off in the T&A system. This squares me up for the time I've had to miss for Elder's conference and other errands. I left at about 5:30 after a decent day. But I didn't care about that - we were about to see The Karate Kid with Sis's family and Mimi!

We would have gone at 6:45 but AMC pulled a stupid (as is their way) in putting that showing of a brand new movie in a smaller theatre. We bumped our tickets to 7:15 and got the second largest house. Prolly appropriate because this movie is LONG!

Too long, in fact. I don't think I'm giving away spoilers here, as the formula is pretty close to the original's. But it took far too long to get from "bullied kid finds unlikely teacher and begins to learn self defense and self confidence" to the actual training and the tournament.

Don't get me wrong - I think we all loved it, but it's just too long! There's an easy 20 minutes that can be lost somewhere. Other than that, it's fantastically acted and a lot of fun. The kung fu is exciting, and there's a part that made us weepy. Well, me and Ape - not sure of the others. There's a /very/ touching scene just before the tourney!

After that it was just after 10 and bro's brood was hungry. Sis had to dash right at the end to go to work so we took them through Taco Bell and then home. I got one of the 2-buck meals and it was pretty good. Doritos + taco = nom.

Ape and I hung out some with the clones and then when we finally got them sorted and I pressed Ape's back and feet I gave Dancer a shot. About 2 hours LFG later I gave up. I managed to get some of my stuff sold and the rest put back up.

No comments: