Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Calm Before The Storm(ing of the Capitol)

Sat: Up earlier than normal to pick Younger and bro up from TKD. Then the three of us went to Toys R Us for what we thought was a Family challenge aimed at FD. Nope - some sort of demo. No obvious competition and Younger wasn't that interested in waiting for a turn. SO we browsed a bit then went home.

We picked Ape up and headed towards the theater, as it was almost time for TOY STORY 3!!! Three! And in 3D too ^^ We grabbed CFA and scarfed it down then went in. Oh my Lord - this was easily one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. Everything I was hoping for and nothing I wasn't. And the endgame left me & Ape crying for quite awhile - it was really touching. First KK, now TS3.

Somehow, no Tron preview...

Back home, more room work, then off to FD din for me and Dad at J. Alexanders. Still one of my fave restaurants, although I picked the wrong kind of sandwich. Still good. On the way out, we got a treat - there was a red Ferrari 360 Spyder right out front. It was beautiful, with "Italia" racing stripes and unbelievable lines.

We weren't planning on going back home, as the car was packed for Sunday's early morning journey. We were supposed to be going to mom & dad's so they can drop us off. Nope - Younger forgot shoes so Ape decided to grab some foodstuffs to make Sunday's lunch & snacks with. Some came from our house and the rest from Publix.

We didn't get to my parents' until almost 10, and after settling in and a half-dozen trips to the car for stuff, Ape didn't go to bed until 11:30. I'm still up at 1:15 updating this and taking care of last-minute cosplay details.

Sunday is going to be brutal. We're going to see amazing, powerful sites, and sights. But I may not be able to keep up with it all... And we'll likely be so wiped from the tour grind I may not be able to log in for note-taking. I might see if I can get a small notepad and jot important things down.

P.S. I am apparently 1/8th Irish! So my fascination with it vis-a-vis Sevenwaters and the like is legitimate ^^

-=-=-=-

Fri: Met Ape and the Clones at European Street for FD din with her dad & pat. Got hot ham & swiss and it was awesome! Had a nice time too as we managed to have a whole meal with the man and not break out into ideological combat. Then dropped the boys off at my parents' and headed home

Worked on Elder's room for a couple hours then cleaned up, chilled and hit XI. Ran into Fhox after an unsuccessful LFG. He was farming RDM tests in Beadeaux. I was marginally able to help as I was desperately underleveled for the test mobs. I even died once on a nasty hit followed by a Firaga III. I did get like 6 dagger levels though.

-=-=-=-

Thurs:
Good chats with the crew. Details?

No comments: