Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Design on a Dime

July 14-15, 2008


(I hate the DFLS freeze)

Upon logging in Monday, I started pestering the Brigaders for help with the stupid Quicksand Caves ramp. Archer thought I should try (J-7) but that didn't work. Oh, I also started getting aggro from Antican Secutors... I grabbed the laptop and pulled up the map again and this time I saw where I needed to go - (J-9) in the little nook.

Out of nowhere, Gojira asks if I'm ZM5 item-fetching and I tell him I'm trying. He mentions that a bunch of others are on the Fei'yin piece but I already have that one. After some distractions I start into the caves and am met by a complement of 6 ShinraSoldiers: Oryatni, Zeroknight, Elvtin, Decurion, Cynnc and one more whose name escapes me ATM. We set up an alliance and begin.

Even with no fighting required, there's enough aggro that it takes awhile to find our way to the headstone. Maybe an hour. And then they want to rocket off to Cape Terrigan for the first of the fights. I decide to go but warn them I can't do much more as Ape was home and wanting me off the TV.

If Quicksand Caves was frustrating because I got lost, Terrigan was bad because it took so freaking long to get there. Te fight itself, against a Shadow, was nothing and *poof* 5/8 fragments done. I logged out after warping home.

Tuesday almost didn't happen because we didn't get home until after 9 and I spent the next hour or so hooking up our new TV. Then Ape and I watched Rock the Reception and I peeled away long enough to log in and check my auctions.

My last batch of Jeuno stuff was a bust - 2 sets of crystals, the Cornette and the Protectra all came back. 500+ gil in fees for nothing. I tossed the crap onto Windy's AH.

And then I decided to redecorate. My Mog House has been annoying me for awhile now and I did some shopping. I grabbed a Bronze Bed and a Bahut. Not only does this finally make my place livable but it adds some storage.

I'm probably going to ditch the Festival Dolls and Windy Christmas tree. Both are horrid to look at. I want to get a desk-type thing to complete the cubicle area formed by my bahut and chest. And I want to find a chair for my dinner table. I'm trying to keep the decor Windy-based but some things I want are not designed here.

With my newfound storage I think my safe will be focused on gear sets for access at any MH/Nomad location and the storage will go to farming stacks, crafting materials and things like keys, orbs and seals.

No comments: