Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rolling the Dice

Tuesday I had promised Aleu COR quest help. We set out almost as soon as I had logged in, around 11:40, and after much boat riding and waiting for boats, she, I, and two friends from her sis’ shell set out. The borrowed muscles belonged to Caldor and Demolisher. They met us after I was fixing Aleu up post-wipe. Big octopus…so many arms…/shudder

We slogged our way through the Mire since Aleu hasn’t had any chance to unlock portals yet (her first visit was that afternoon). For some reason, Cal and Demo opted to fight rather than grab the free key. Long story short, after making it to Arrapago and trying to farm for a bit, Caldor disappears. Aleu and I joke that he’s gone for the freebie, and sure enough, he comes back a few minutes later with key in hand.

On the boat with the first of the two COR ??? spots, Aleu clicks for her cutscene. I somehow get aggroed by a Merrow Enchantress and die trying to sleep it. I asked the rest of the party if they went for a nap. No, it turns out all three of them were flagging COR. I was the only one stupid enough not to do so. /sigh I apologized for my rudeness and waited for them to finish.

It took major work and TWO MORE deaths on my part, plus Demo’s demise once, but we finally cleared the way. By now it was after 2am and I really had to go. The three of them carried on after I bade them luck.

Deaths: Aerin x4, Aleu x1, Demo x1

A couple of times Aleu started to say something about Fhox and Archer. Apparently something was going on with Fhox and Isa that bothered Arch but she seemed to think he had calmed down. Apparently he threatened to leave RDB! She said something about RDB getting to be like high school. I commented that whatever it was, people deserved happiness and that I hope it worked out.

I shut down and the PS3 locked up. I couldn’t get any kind of response so I did the hold-power-for-8-seconds trick and went to bed. When I woke up Wednesday, Matt, Cole and Bran were up and Matt reported the PS3 wasn’t working. I tried some troubleshooting but couldn’t get it to stay on. Eventually it stopped booting at all. Further repair attempts would have to wait.

No comments: