Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Makin' Bank, and a Gift for Fhox


(cha ching)

Tonight, after the Y, I took care of some farming, after waiting about 30 minutes flagged up on SMN. Giving up on that, I changed outfits and flagged back up on WHM of all things. Then I took off for my two farming spots.

From the Ruins, I got a set of Test Answers and a Gravity. Then I went to Norg and bought another set of the :Ichi elementals. Then I took off for Jeuno to start selling.

Fhox and I chatted for quite awhile about RDB. I told him it was time to plan another "rush week" and get back to the fun. I also assured him that I wouldn't leave unless he left first, that I'd discuss any "shell of my own" plans up front, and that I wasn't ready to do that anyway.

His response was quite insightful: When one can lead successful parties in the 40's, then one is ready to lead a LS. The reasoning makes sense - Once past the subjob levels, people's jobs start to really take shape, and things get a little more serious.

That said, I really wanted to try meeting up with Archer or one of the others - I miss them terribly. I thought I might get the chance as Arch was in Qufim, AKA Jeuno's basement. But by the time I was done selling, he had moved on to a Tower crawl and I had to log.

Yesterday, I made Fhox a gift - feel free to let him know it's here. Basically, when learning he meant RDB to be a Red Mage shell, I started kicking around some ideas for RDB icons using the Light Warriors pattern I used for my mood bar. I went ahead and made the RDM, and then a similarly-styled pimp-hat-wearing dragon. The hat is a cut & paste but the dragon is all mine.





I kept the dragon 20x30 with the same margin as the others. It's also 4-color, same as the rest. If I get really bored I might go ahead and finish him off, canvas size be damned.

I'm toying with the idea of replacing the pearlsack image in my Gamercard with the dragon. We'll see.

Other tidbits:

Sony dropped another PS3 update, 2.42. Supposedly it adds PS Life to F@H. And maybe, just maybe it will fix TheAlmighty's freezing problem. I was able to download the update but it locked up waiting for me to press the PS button to process the file.

While catching up on some old entries on Vagustae's blog recently, I saw the "which FFXI job are you" quiz and remembered I had done one too. I posted it, but backdated it to 3/30 (when I took mine). {Please} {check}

No comments: