Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Multiple Personalities

I took advantage of Ape's dance class to log in. Well, I fought the "lobby server" error for 30 minutes, and THEN logged in. I flagged up on SCH and hoped I'd be able to figure out how to best use its abilities. I subbed WHM assuming I'd be main-healing with a chance of enfeebling.

At around 8:30, Kryno invites me out to the Dunes and I outpost there. The camp is not at the outpost as he had said to me initially, but I made it safely to them in the northeastern ram camp. And instead of main-healing, he asked me to nuke. We had a PL, so healing was taken care of. Interestingly enough, I think one person was running Kryno, Krynn and Downfind (PL). Kryno mentioned that in WoW, he 5-boxed a shaman crew that could own almost anything.

I won't bore you with details, but I went from just-into-12 to 15 and a nice buffer in about 2 hours. I was able to equip the Soleas and Headband, but I forgot the Druid's rope. My nukes were so-so, but definitely better when I remembered to put up Dark Arts. I died twice from botched pulls or adds and I kept forgetting to re-apply the effect.

We worked on skillchain > magic bursting. Ayiden, our BLM kept trying to land Aero after Tachi: Enpi > Raging Axe and I soon joined in. Bad timing, and WS misses meant we didn't burst often. But I did get 4 or so, and 3 of them hit hard. Noboby was macroing their weaponskills with /party alerts so that really screwed timing up. Or I missed the yellow text and never fired.

I actually got teased for missing MBs (no warning) and at the end, for pulling hate between WSes and wrecking one chain. I think last night was the first time in my history as a mage I was asked by the leader to stand front-line!

When my time was nearly up I asked Kryno if I should get a rep and he said {Yes, please}. I found a SAM15 and WAR17 seeking. The SAM ignored me but the WAR, Bhikkhumin was raring to go. I let the party know my rep was coming and Kryno said flatly that he wouldn't take him - "too high". Whiskey Tango Hotel? The party was 14-16. /grrr So I had to let Bhikkhumin know not to come and he seemed annoyed. We commiserated a bit and I told him if I had been leader this wouldn't have happened. So when my time was up I said my goodbyes and left it in Kryno's hands as I warped out.

All in all, I enjoyed myself and everyone was still polite when I left so I guess I didn't seriously annoy anyone. Doomcky, Ayiden and Kryno were really talking smack to each other and retelling Dynamis (Die-namis) horror stories for some comic relief.

I worked out a functional macro palette for Scholar and once I learn more about the Grimoires will hopefully be a little more useful. I definitely plan to stick with Scholar but I guess for future parties I need to figure out my role in advance for appropriate sub selection.

No comments: