Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Double Dragon

[edit 7/11/2008 - How did I miss Double Dragon? As soon as I saw the finished post, I realized I missed a much better title opportunity, so, edits ahoy!]

Tonight was the night for the planned RDB static in the Dunes. I logged in just after 8 to get ready and see what the plan was. I also played Phase 10 with the fam IRL since I knew I was going to be online for awhile. I leveled up to Phase 4 before we split up.

Fhox eventually announced we were going as two teams of 5 each since there was so much Brigader interest. He wanted me on SMN12 and gave me lead of the second party. I grabbed my gear, Signet and a few EB recharges then outposted.

Fhox was PLing Aleu to 11 and didn't call us together until a bit after 9. I had Aleu, Yalto, Vaudian and Starfirex in my party. Since I was the only healer, I started searching for a 6th almost immediately, and eventually got ahold of Ryukia, a DNC11. We desperately needed healing support because Yalto had just died because I couldn't dump HP into him as fast as a gob was taking it out.

Even better than getting a Dancer was that she brought along a PL called Etherial. They seemed to be friends ^^ After a bit of a rough start while Etherial found his groove, we really took off, beating up every gob and VT lizard Aleu could find. At about 10:30, Star asks to leave but she already had a replacement waiting, an in-game friend called Lilinfamous. Star also asked for a pearl for Lilin, which I gave her between battles.

I checked out just past 11, tracking down a rep and leaving with only 200xp tnl. As I left, Fhox PMed me to see how it went and I told him it was all good. I never did figure out where his party wound up but hopefully we do this again - it was a lot of fun!

I spent the rest of the night updating my PS3 to 2.41 and TinyWonder to 4.01 M33-2, with 1.50 kernel and Pops 3.80 v2 support. A big /slap to whomever wrote the readme for Pops 3.80 - Nowhere in the two lines of instruction does it say one has to track down decrypted .prx files from previous update eboots... Maybe Mom can pull down a full set via BT {Hmmm...}

No comments: