Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Cloning


(Bonding like Crazy-Glue)

After Tae Kwon Do, Clone the Younger and I grabbed some food and went home. And Ape wasn’t back yet. He asked if we could play FFXI together. After putting him off the last time he asked (I was skilling), I wanted to seize the opportunity. I set him up on Jesup on the big TV and I moved Aerin to the little screen. After some equipment review, Signet and band recharge, Jesup flagged up. I wasn’t too hopeful that a WAR20\MNK01 was going to get far.

How wrong I was! He got three invites in short order. The first was from Mijin in Valkurm. We accepted, but then we had to actually get *to* Valkurm. On foot. We ran through Rolanberry, Pashhow and Konschat (missing the Dem crystal) and zoned into Valk. The total travel time from invite to arrival was close to an hour. We apologized profusely but I think the prospect of a PL was enough to keep us in the hunt.

On arrival, I traded some gear to Jesup that would hopefully help.

Besides Mijin, there was Rambo, Orand, Pschoww, and Dato. The camp started on the ledge and once levels came in, we moved to the beach. At one point, Dato went AFK for several fights and was kicked. Sultana was brought in to rep. When Jesup had to go (30 minutes past bedtime ^^) Dato was brought back in lol. I stayed another hour to make up for the slow arrival.

At the ledge, Rambo died once from a ram’s TP attack. Looked like a one-shot from where I was, and he said it was 153 HP. I felt bad but with me on PL they were occasionally overpulling. Other than that, there were no more deaths.

Hate control was next to impossible as both Mijin and Rambo (and Sultana on her arrival) were nuking like crazy. Orand and Jesup fought for melee hate and I only held hate for less than 50% of the time.

Despite this, and the massive delay, everyone was very appreciative. Pschoww got a blush out of me by saying “Best PL ever!”. Well, I do try ^^ And during the camp change, I changed subs to scholar and that helped a lot with MP and eliminated further downtime.

I enjoyed my time with the group and was happy that things worked out so well for everyone – many many levels dinged. Jesup went from 20 to 22 and now it’s definite – time to level MNK.

No comments: