Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, June 6, 2009

L is for Loser


(No, not that "L")

As reported here in the past, my dad and I are racers at heart. Sometimes we even get to race on a track. Today was one of those days! There was an invite-only Mercedes demo at the "European Motorsports Park" about an hour from our house and we had tickets.

They had three events set up: Hot lap ride-alongs with a Mercedes hot-shoe; timed solo laps in smart cars (cars so smart they don't need capital letters); and an off-road mud & sand trek on ATVs and a Merc G-Wagen.

The rain didn't cooperate so the hot laps were shut down about 10 people before our turn. We opted to skip the muddin', and that left the smart cars. Pre-rain we each got two runs. The track record is supposedly 1:01.xx. My best pre-water is 1:09.44. Dad's best? 1:03.98. Are you freaking kidding me?!

After the rain, he still set a quick time. I went backwards. /sigh

We stuck around until the bitter, wet end and lo and behold, my old man got a trophy. A huge 3-foot-plus tall trophy. And a big head to match ^^ Oh well. I still own him on Ocala's go kart track.

Later that night I was so tired all I did was a super-short Besieged. I tried to farm in the Ruins seeing the price and stock on Gravity, but I fell asleep.

No comments: