Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Club

Logged in latish (again) and Kushi was on. I wasn't sure what my plans were going to be but I was in Windy-of-the-Past and just shy of a third Merit Point...

She alerted me to Besieged and I went. It didn't go too well, she outscoring me by a fair bit. I got charmed, I died, she died, I died, we both died lol. I also got enough LP for that merit. Now to decide where to put the points...

After we had a great conversation about a few things, mainly books. She offered some recommendations, two by Laurell Hamilton. NightSeer and the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series.

You see, I finished Phèdre's trilogy. Great finish, awesome romance, fitting end. And a surprising amount of religious alternate-history too. I hope to find similar romances in fantasy (or sci-fi) settings soon!

We chatted about some other stuff and I left late, but happy ^^

(I didn't forget chatting ever so briefly with the others, but with trying to keep Kushi healthy during Besieged...)

Also, I bowed out Tuesday, needing sleep. But dance class was great, with Ape hanging in for the whole thing and me almost learning another great dance.

No comments: