Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Movie Night?!

I only had a few minutes with K and D before the fam confiscated the PS3 to watch Wolverine.

So we chatted and I apologised for putting her on the spot about not replying to notes and emails. Her answer was succinct and logical - she doesn't want what feels like a one-sided conversation, bereft of reaction and interplay. Fair enough.

Then she apologised to me, catching me off-guard. I asked what for, because I couldn't think of anything needing one. She explained that she reads my blog (which I knew) and the Qufim incident is what she was referencing.

I told her no worries, that she had already apologised for it and that I should have been more understanding about the recent events happening in her life.

To be honest, I was touched by her concern. I did have to tease her about not talking much which she seemed to disagree with.

I think the issue isn't that she's silent, it's that I haven't learned very much about her, and I want to know more. I've probably shared far too much too soon and errantly expected her to match. I'm learning patience, I promise!

-----

Earlier in the day, I went to both Barnes & Noble and our library looking for K's recommendations, plus some books I found on the "Smart Bitches, Trashy Books" blog. I had far better luck at the bookstore, but with no budget right now...

Remind me to get rich before I die, so that when I pass, I can bestow an endowment on the library so they can BUY SOME BOOKS! I used to work there (two years!) and if I didn't say it before, it was my fave job of all.

And back then, there were far more fantasy and sci-fi tomes. Largely the reason I loved it - I used to go through books like the Google Book Search engine!

Movie-wise, we stayed up past the Clones' bedtime to finish X-Men origins: Wolverine and I have to say, it was pretty good. Being so focused on one character it wasn't quite what I expected out of an X-Men movie. But as an origin story it was good. And even a touch romantic at the end. 3 crystals.

No comments: