Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Update Number ???

Friday: Dropped the Clones off with my folks then headed out to eat. Surprisingly, Ape picked Cheesecake Factory of all places. No sleight against them; she normally doesn't choose more-expensive eateries. In any case, we met friends there and had a nice time of it, even as our choices turned out kinda "meh".

Left after 10:30 to try a movie and 500 Days of Summer wasn't playing. So we chose Extract. Ape had been dying (ha!) to see Final Destination and I offered to see it with her, despite my weak constitution in such experiences. But she picked Extract for me. I really wish we'd seen FD!

Came home close to midnight and together we watched about an hour of 9/11 coverage. Never Forget! I still remember vividly how I learned of it, then - It was raining lightly but there were DOZENS of wrecks and pulled-over cars. Not sure what I was listening to on the radio but it was some time after the initial reports that I realized what was going on. And then the parked cars made sense...

Also, funny to see in the replayed coverage so many sentiments of "they won't collapse" because I said the same thing to Ape on the phone. Imagine my horror as I watched live. I had been atop the second tower just years before they were destroyed... Did I ever tell you I touched the Pentagon flag while visiting the Smithsonian some years back? I did - I meant no disrespect but for some reason really wanted to connect with the memories and offer what solace I could...

On logging in I tried flagging up and sent Kush a tell. I committed to wait for an invite for no more than 30 minutes because I wanted sleep. Somewhere during my wait she replies that she's not up to a conversation. I replied that I understood and that if circumstances changed I'd be on for maybe 90 more minutes.

I passed my time reading, then she came back on. Her mood was the result of a friend claim-jumping her on an NM she'd been camping 4+ hours. After some consolation we actually had a nice chat, then I went to bed, party-less.

Saturday was an even later login and I caught Kush just as she was leaving - bad headache. Again I had no takers for my WHM services but I did get more than halfway through book 2 while I waited.

I also ran into Mireli in the Dunes. He and a friend were duoing and had taken a Gob beating. I offered PL help for 30 minutes or so and we had a nice chat besides.

Also also, Damu said GD will remain open for business. I can only assume this means a change in leadership but I'm glad that at the moment I don't have to worry about it ^^

Up early Sunday because for some reason I just don't sleep anymore. Sure, I can "fall" asleep effortlessly and worry-free any night now. But I wake up at odd hours for no apparent reason, then drift right back under. It's really annoying...

So, I grab breakfast for the crew and then stayed out in the living room to let Ape sleep. I read for the better part of 90 minutes then we began our day. I was able to run a short Campaign battle before we left for the movies, and logged in again at about 10.

Finally, Deej was on! I owed him a little help anyway. But Kushi was on too and was in Besieged! Dang it - I hastened to Al Zahbi and made it in time to cast three times. Feh! I did get 450 LP for my troubles lol!

Free of battle, I tried chatting with Kushi-chan but she's still not feeling well. Despite a POL mail earlier and offers of a temple-rub, I got little out of her and 'ere I could decide to leave her be, she ran off. So I hooked up with Deej in Jeuno, headed to Qufin.

Oddly, K expressed surprise at our duo in shell, and was soon with us intent on partying with Deej as I PLed both. But a little misunderstanding with Kanataru led to a 10-minute distraction and some harsh words between Kana and Kushi... Short version: Deej's bazaar comment says something like {Level sync}{party}{Yes, please.}. Kana saw it and then a WHM75 and RDM67 apparently dual-PLing one Deej, on PUP21.

Kana threw out a comment about why Deej needed that much help and Kush took exception. When Deej asked what was going on in shell, I replied privately, not realizing that Kushi had started sparring with Kana. I separately explained to Kana that we hadn't expected K's arrival and that we were sorting it out.

Whatever was said between the two Ks must've been nasty because there were GM call and /blist threats thrown. I wished I'd explained in shell rather than tell so that maybe Kushi wouldn't have gotten so upset. But she was, and I swear she was taking some of it out on me. I won't go into it here but the two of us had our own exchange.

I'm just going to chalk it up to her migraine and stand by her as her friend. In any event, Deej and I had a nice time of it and he completed a FoV page and dinged.

No comments: