Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Monsters


(Sadly the monsters are on *this* side of the screen too...)

There are days I would trade my humanity for Mithra life, and I don't mean in the furry sense. Some days I'm ashamed to be the same kind of creature that did what we now expect - abducted and killed Somer Thompson.

I don't normally get into these tragedies, but this one happened not far from our house. We were able to drive out to the first vigil yesterday and saw hundreds of people walking, searching, praying. And this was getting close to 9pm, past dark. These people were here as friends and community, trying to find a lost little girl.

Well, today at work I saw the news we'd all been dreading but half-expecting. A "female child" turned up at the dump used by Somer's neighborhood... It's only a matter of time before confirmation. Or not - and then if it turns out to be someone else's precious child, then we have TWO mysteries... But most likely IMO, it'll be Somer.

Ape's been hard-hit by this too - there's something about personally seeing the pain and wretched hope on people's faces. I came home from work and gave her a big hug.

Reading back, I'm thinking I may have been too hasty about Humanity - I *did* see dozens upon dozens of people doing their best to make a miracle.

But to whoever did this, and I can't believe it was any kind of accident. Whoever did this?

I hate you.

No comments: