Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reader's Digest

Wed and Thurs: Fhox grabbed me for Bastok's 9-1 fight against a Gigaplasm. Puma and Dex were on hand, as were several others I met. Titta and Mosquitohawk... Hmm, memory failing. Seems like Titta was actually in charge of the runs. Despite tweaking the strategy several times, including NOT having me on /BLM (I suck) we failed hard three times each night. I think I died over 10 times total, taking my buffer down about 3k. Thankies for RR3!

Thursday we tried to do the fight Giga to the split, then sleep one of the two Micros, then beat that micro down all the way, sleeping what we can. And despite Titta's orders to turn off Autotarget, and to use /assist on, it sure seemed like there were multiple live targets. I don't get annoyed a lot, but Thursday kinda frosted me. Partly the XP loss, but mainly the sheer amount of time poured into two nights of work. It was a neat run and plenty exciting too. Just more frustrating than I'd like ^^

Also, Raki's back! I saw him a day or two earlier as he sorted stuff but he joined Thursday's run.

Friday: Date night with RS... Heavy support from 2-ish to SIX-FIFTEEN AM! Tried to help with an Ose run in the Lab. Kushi was there with Wildfoxxx and a Galka whose name I forgot (sorry). I had to split my attention between work and the hunt for Ose and thankfully nobody died. But after ages, we didn't seem any closer. Wild left, and later Kushi recruited Badcmpany (yes, there's an O missing) and MaryJanette.

Just as they walked in the door Ose popped. The three of us beat him down but the desired Assault Jerkin was not among the loot. >< Oh! Late late that morning, at about 5:20am, Titta ran past. I had already heard the good news from Fhox that they had succeeded earlier Friday. I congratulated her, saying something like "Good news on the run yesterday!" She laughed and said it was still today for her. I counted the hours and guessed correctly she lives in Hawaii! /jealous :3

Saturday: couldn't stay on nearly as long. Met Kushi and Malithor, and were joined by Corrupted. We did FoV pages in the Valley of Sorrows, behind Cape Terrigan. Raptors and giant dodos. With Mal on SAM tanking, we could smoke the raptors. But when Mal left sleepy, Corrupted (on PUP) couldn't hold hate as well (and that's to be expected ^^). I actually tanked one pull from start to finish, lol. Hate bounced around but it was OK.

Kushi and I broke out our NPCs, as Corrupted had his out already. Since we were only three in the party, it was possible to fill the three remaining slots with NPCs. Unfortunately, we realized this pretty late and only got them a handful of XP before we bowed out. I did replace my buffer lost on Bastok 9-1. We chatted for a bit before I fell out. The past two nights of really shortened sleep has beaten me down...

Aaaand, in the "Guess who's back today!" game, ALEU! Aleu's back! I haven't had a chance to say Hi yet but Isa said she was on her way back in. More sadly, Deej said something in shell about two months more of play time before his money ran out. What? Kep said something about leaving if Deej did and aside from saying how "saddy" all this sounded, I mentioned maybe setting up an IM client so we could continue chatting with the group outside of Vana'diel.

No comments: