Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Other Side

Tonight I was on a tighter schedule. And forgetting Survivor was almost on didn't help. This week at work our team was on "forced march" to complete a webservice project needed by another team's project. Due dates are getting close and my manager said if we didn't deliver enough code by tomorrow, we'd be coming in Saturday. Heck no!

Also, tonight's episode was supposed to be a thriller, with Russell almost dying or something. Well, during the reward challenge, he passed out, numerous times. He was dehydrated and over-extended. He couldn't get up and his heart rate was all over the place. Needless to say, he left with the medics. And that basically ended the episode. No reward, no Tribal. What? Booooring.

I arrived in Vana'diel at about 10 after nine. Fhox and Bene were already in Promy-Holla and waiting on me. Kush was waiting for Sky to start so we didn't get to chat much besides greets and occasional status updates on our respective runs.

I rode to Windy and changed to DNC/NIN, my personal fave for promies. Fhox needed heal support anyway so it would be perfect. But on DNC I'd have to find another way to the crag. I was considering OPing to Valkurm and then running but then I searched for tele-capable WHMs in Windy. I found one and offered 3k for the ride and she happened to be on and ready to take me. I finished my prep and met her, and threw in a 1k tip too. I don't require too many teles myself so I like to be generous, hopefully encouraging tele-taxi operators to continue.

On zoning in, I activated the Tactics Pearl quest and that would be a good thing as Sufhi helped out and ultimately scored 2k XP too. We quickly found Fhox and Bene and I took up my role as tanking healer. Aside from amateuring it up on DNC (forgetting steps and drain) nobody died and we didn't have to stop much for rest. I held hate pretty well with cures and alternating Quick Steps and Vokes.

We wrapped up close to 10:30, my announced exit time. But it took us 10 minutes to find the exit lol. Fhox and Bene were stacking the recollections. But I wound up with one Pain, in addition to three varied memories.

No comments: