Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Update


(Had a great time in both worlds, but barely got time to just relax!)

Friday:

Dinner at WGV-Caddyshack. Food was good and service was great. 10% off for ExpCon visitors too!

Spent some time at ExpCon's Artist's Alley. Saw a *terrific* Ifrit (I hope it was Ifrit), and a few others. Couldn't get into any of the main rooms but ExpCon is clearly much smaller than AWA.

Saw "Couples Retreat" - fantastically funny and poignant at the same time. Slightly unexpected ending too - 3.5 crystals.

After some lame TV, got online and hung out in Qufim with Kushi, Deej and Sanwa. I PLed while they beat on stuff. Wonder if K took notes ^^ Had a really great time just hanging out. K did break out the "happy" topic.

Saturday:

Up at a decent time to do some house-stuff, then off to the mall. Met Mom, and later, Cari and the boys. I'm getting a little too hooked on BBW lotions :3 I and the boys ate lunch there.

Went to Best buy while the girls ate at Moe's. I got to try DJ hero - meh.

Followed that up with ice cream... The cake batter sample was much better than the whole cup ><

Home again, missing iCarly ONCE AGAIN. Must buy a DVR. Watched Cari's boys while they saw Couples Retreat (they liked it too). Boys didn't leave again until almost midnight.

Spent some of the babysitting time with Dark farming eyes for the O-hat trigger. Wasted over 2 hours 'cos we couldn't get to what we needed in SSG and I goofed in KRT after two *normal* eyes dropped. Ugh.

After some quiet time, went back on and got a bird party on WHM - Party went very well but ended far too soon when leader afk-ed and never came back.

Sunday:

Up early for church and "teacher commemoration" service at Ape's former school/church. Very nicely done, and the contemporary Presbyterian service sat better with me than comtemp Catholic.

Visited friends and their new baby - God do I love holding babies... Such precious little miracles of design and love! Could have stayed all day but their toddler needed a nap. Mom got to stop by too just in time.

From there, Wal-Mart and another of Ape's "just a few things" trips. One trunkful later... Back to home.

Where I did two oil changes and some other stuff, then,

Off to Mom's for Amazing Race and dinner. Spent close to 2 hours on the new desktop setup and relocating the older desktop into Dad's office, disposing of the 14-year old antique Packard-Bell.

Home after 10, and had to help Matt with sci-fair Procedures page. JC lappy didn't want to cooperate with the printer driver install so I wasted about 30 minutes getting it sorted.

In the meantime, jumped online. Found K and D engaged in an auto-trans battle that soon included me as a target. Played it safe tho', lol. Kep joined soon after and we had a great long chat. K was silent because once again, she did the "what do we have here?" dance.

I told her she knows what I can be and cannot be and I told her to make the call. She deferred, passing it back to me: "Do what you think's best."

Still, had a great time with Deej and Kep: Halloween, geekery, drugs, drug songs, tricks and treats, anime cons, cosplay, bunch of stuff.

At the end, I filed a GM call about the wedding app. Harquva answered and we had a really nice chat. All my GM chats have been nice, but to me it seemed he came out of "GM" mode a bit and just had fun chatting. Still to the point and professional but fun, and funny too.

But, despite a call to the helpdesk and the GM call, I have no choice but to wait on getting access to the lottery email. Oh boy - Time is really running out and I don't think I can take a fourth shot at it.

No comments: