Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

I had some stuff bouncing around in my furry brain - for your consideration, please enjoy the following random mini-rants:

"Finished product not tested on animals" - This has got to be one of the worst pieces of marketing sleight-of-hand ever. What difference does it make if a bottle of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar wasn't drizzled over a bare-skinned rabbit? Unless combining the final ingredients does something unexpected to the chemical properties of the lotion (or any product for that matter), testing each of the constituent parts is enough to determine if Peter Cottontail will break out in a terminal rash or not. So, feel all warm and fuzzy buying that stuff thinking animal testing isn't involved...

Astro Boy - Gonna see it even though it will probably disappoint on some level. No, I never read or watched any of the originals. I just know how the Hollywood Movie Mines often refine older generations' childhood memories. That said, most of the buzz has been neutral to positive and much has meen made of the outstanding *non*-3D visuals.

Brothers & Sisters is really cry-worthy tonight. Cancer sucks enough as it is (God bless you Mom!) but they're really pulling out all the stops! But there's some good "grin and bear with it" humor from Kitty too. I do love the writing on this show.

I wish I could watch more "Castle" - it's a great show, I like crime dramas (could watch CSI Vegas all day) and besides, *squee!*

Bath and Body Works - I've become something of a total slut for BBW lotions. Yes, given what I said before, I still love them. During work I have to stick to Vanilla Noir (but it does smell sooo good). However, at home it's Warm Vanilla or Sensual Amber. And the Moonlight Path shower gel is very nice too. It's all Ape's fault really. It was her idea for me to try the different scents.

Vatican II - This one's an odd one. Relaying a conversation heard elsewhere, a priest told the other party that they do *not* support Vatican II's reforms and want to go back to the old ways, were it up to him. Do I need to find a copy of Martin Luther's history-changing Theses and nail them to the door?

Jackass kids on bikes - Believe it or not, this one's church-related too. Sort of. On the way to our favorite church for their annual Bazaar, five kids on bikes rode past, parallel to us. However, they crossed right in front of a line of cars that expected their green light to mean something. I checked - the crosswalk was firmly red before the kids crossed into it. I honked. The littlest kid, who may have been all of 8, turned, saw me, and flicked me off. Nice. Then he did it again.

And now, the best for last: Ape found this vid on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MatcQT3X1d4. It's called "Chinese explanation for a wedding ring's finger." Try it for yourself! Also, I love the explanations given for each finger's usage. See SIL, the Chinese agree with me! Any ideas why the robot voice?

No comments: