Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Beginning Besieged Belays Basty Beastie Barbecue


(Don't say that 5 times fast - just...don't...)

When I logged in, I was right next to the wight room in the Ruins. I grabbed as many skeletons as I could and began nuking and swinging. These guys are so much easier than the bones in SSG it's laughable. I cleared the room twice and got tests, one gravity, and two daggers.

I then moved on to SSG for more Sufhi fun and reached the 15 kill limit easily. She says she's close to dinging *35* already! Watch out Raka!

Meanwhile, I chatted with GD, as no one from RDB seemed to be on yet. Derf was getting set to tackle Rank 3 and the dragon in Windurst (Yes, I know, I said Bastok above). Stoik and I were supposed to meet Archer, Aleu and Yalto but as luck would have it, both of us got trapped by Besieged. Stoik was already in Whitegate and was a little surprised when Shihu-Danhu was not present. I exited my AU mog house only to find the fun just beginning.

I haven't done Besieged in ages and I didn't feel like trying to get to Jeuno any other way. I really wanted to drop off all the loot I was holding before the barbecue. I figured as things usually go in FFXI that they'd still be moving into position at or near the end of Besieged.

During Besieged, Stoik tried shouting vainly for a tele and wondered in shell if it was possible. I told him not likely, as any mages in the area were likely skilling up healing and enhancing and gaining XP (like me). Some less-friendly fighters ripped Stoik in shout but didn't realize he was serious about trying to leave.

Maybe halfway through the melee, Derf announces his Rank up. Stoik and I both congratulate him and express our disappointment in missing the fun. Well, there's some more fun to be had: Other GD members need it too.

I checked in again with RDB but still empty. So I headed off to Jeuno to sell my junk and check in with Luto and the Fellow points guy. Finally, I have "Past Reflections" active. A little more work and I can use Sufhi in Empty zones and get a Tactics Pearl!

Oh speaking of skillups, I hit 190 on Healing, and gained a level in Evasion. Many of my C5's were hitting for 811, which I initially thought was from the skillup. More than likely, it was just my Medicine Ring... /sigh

3 comments:

Vagu'Stae said...

So many Besieged participants happen to be awfully obnoxious.

Haha...

/b/esieged...

Aerinravage said...

Hmmm... I guess I must be lucky because I haven't dealt with too many problems in Besieged. Then again, I rarely group up and instead run around like crazy flinging cures and trying not to get AoE'd to death.

As a WHM I'm thankful I don't need to rely on others to raise me when I bite it - I trade between the freebie raise scrolls and my spells and as long as I don't die back-to-back I can keep on keeping on.

I *have* noticed a lot of jerkishness at the starts, where people are restless and trying to be funny and instead fail.

(You may have noticed by now I "talk" a lot ^^)

Vagu'Stae said...

Lol. Wanna know how sick I am after hearing so many quotes from 300 mashed up with FFXI-related-crap? XD

And it's no problem. I can't really shut up, either.