Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Better Off Dead?


(Getting somewhere - whew)

Tuesday night:

Mom lent me her laptop for a couple days as reward for fixing it. I immediately set to work getting a DS3 to function in FFXI. It took some doing to get the driver working and the buttons all mapped but I did it.

Using full keyboard and pad on her machine, I logged in after 11:30. I didn't do anything but farm and two taxi runs. And my goodness, her machine is s-l-o-w-w-w. I don't know if it's a detail settings issue or if Gateway just hates me, but anyway I got a little hit of Vana'diel.

Wednesday:

I spent the evening tinkering with TheFunMachine. I was going to try yanking parts out of my Japanese PS2 (it doesn't have a name) but then I remembered using a "PS2 laser adjustment" FAQ to get CD games working again a couple years ago when HL refused to play. So that's what I did and I'm thrilled to say, TheFunMachine is back online and my .jp unit is still in one piece.

Right now, I'm installing VC 2008 and I know it's gonna take awhile. I don't care. I just need to play. If I can get TheAlmighty online long enough, I want to dump my macros and the last few screenies and then I can worry about fixing it later. Yes, I do have a fairly new macro set backed up to POL but I think I've made a couple tweaks since then.

April's first day as a teacher at her new school is tomorrow and she went to bed before 10:30 (instead of 1am like me). It's going to be rough going for awhile, and I expect to be distracted a lot but hopefully I'll be on this weekend to catch up on all I've missed.

And, before someone posts (PLEASE, SOMEONE POST!!!eleven!) I know "The Fun Machine" was the catchy slogan for the beloved Nintendo 64. Goldeneye FTW! My PS2 version is so named because it's given me so many faithful years of service and I've played so many games on it. And I have many yet to play - boxes filled with sealed or unplayed discs clutter my garage.

{See you again!}

No comments: