Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

S-E Customer Service Likes Me


(They really really like me!)

I really wonder why it is Squenix's customer service department ([GM] Dave notwithstanding) gets such a bad rap. Maybe I've never had the kind of problems they aren't helpful with. Maybe some of the people who dump on S-E got the treatment they got because their "Is a douche in-game" flag was set. Maybe I'm just really, really lucky.

In any case, I was able to call last night just before closing time. I believe I spoke with Daniel, and he was very helpful. Well, once I verified a gazillion details about my account and recited a few atomic weights for him. I explained the "cust-serv fail" of emailing someone whose email is down. He reset my password and I was able to log in to POL and update it and get my mail.

However, the two outbound messages I saw must have been something besides the screenshots I had queued earlier because I don't have them now. One more day, GD!

Once the email config was sorted, I found myself in my MH and Fhox immediately asks me to farm. This time, he's in Castle Zhavl Baileys with Isa beating on demons and elementals. I figure, why not? Maybe Sufhi can get some XP while we're at it. In fact, that was Fhox's point from the get-go. He and Raka were working together and soon Sufhi joined them. Unfortunately Isa left her Signal Pearl in storage. I said I'd get a screenshot of all three of us and our lil' buddies next time.

Despite the somewhat longer kill-times on the various demons, Sufhi got 14 of 15 kills, all at max. She said she was close to leveling. I spent most of the time chain-nuking, getting me hate for most of each fight until Fhox and/or Isa dropped some of their fancy sword weaponskills. A number of times we managed to pull off chains. I even got a few decent ones at over 210 + 80 damage - lolWHM melee. And staff went up three levels too.

Not long after Sufhi bailed saying she was tired, Stoik PMs me for a raise. I ask the group if it's OK and with their blessing I kick off Tele-Holla. I'm too busy chatting with Stoik and Fhox to realize both Fhox and Isa are standing right near me... Oops! They wait very patiently while I fix Stoik, but not before I get my {Amateur} from the Boss. I'd say I deserved this one ^^

After the raise, Stoik asked me if I could help him kill the NM Ram that had wasted him. I told him I wasn't sure but that I'd be glad to try. But the big sheep wasn't in the zone any longer. So he thanked me for the aid and I went back to the others and took us back to Xarcabard. Puma met us at the crystal and the four of us beat down a few more demons before I had to go.

All in all a good time with a lot accomplished!

Now, for the evening weather report:

Just so anyone who reads this knows, I may be offline for a day or two depending on what Hurricane Fay decides to do. See you on the other side!

2 comments:

Vagu'Stae said...

Heh. I recently had to deal with their customer service. My favorite GM has to be GM-Answering-Machine from the web-chat. :DDD

P.S: ohi

Aerinravage said...

My favorite GM has to be GM-Answering-Machine[...]

I loled. Rly!