Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, August 24, 2008

しろまどうし - Shiromadoushi


(Is it time to buy a "My other ride is a Chocobo" sticker?)

I have a new car! I didn't get a chance to log into FFXI yesterday because I spent the day getting my new car from a rural dealer about 85 miles from home. I am now a member of the Rotary Club, as I am driving a pearl white Mazda RX-8. It's an '05 but it's in fantastic shape. And I don't think I'll ever forget buying it.

* It rained almost all day and was storming as we reached the lot, some 2 hours away.

* Not 20 minutes in to our journey, I got a speeding ticket driving my dad's car. I thought I was in a 55 but it was 45 at that point. 55 was one more traffic light away... ><

* Halfway there I tried to save a turtle crossing the road but in the time it took me to pull a u-turn, it got squished.

* At the lot, I checked out the car, in the rain. Other than two minor clearcoat chips, worn rear tires, and a loose piece of chin-spoiler, the car appeared to be in great shape.

* During the test-drive, Dad and I had to RTFM to see how to engage Reverse, as we had pulled into a small parking lot away from the dealer to check out the car. I knew these things have lockouts on them but I hadn't encountered this kind yet.

* I bought the car for a ridiculously-low price, IMHO. * Drove it home and showed my loving wife (this was *her* pick!), the boys, and my BIL.

* Dropped Matt off at school, and got stuck in my company's gravel lot.

* Yes, stuck. I'm waiting now for a tow. And I don't want to hear it, Fhox... RWD {Amateur}, stick-noob, none of it!

What a crazy 18 hours! I still have to see what my insurance is going to change to with a newer car.

Now, for the "Is he really that mental for FFXI?" analysis. While waiting for the test-drive, I noticed the car is white on the outside, with black and red leather trim. I've been car-shopping for almost a year now and had already thought about a custom plate reading either "BAI BAI" (think roomaji) or "WHM BLM". The title of today's post is going to be my car's name, unless I go for しろまほう - White Magic instead.

And yes, I do plan to get a Windurst sticker for the side window. But probably not the chocobo one. I'm not *that* cuckoo for FFXI.

No comments: