Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Calm Before the Storm


(Hurricane Party Time)

No, not really. It seems Fay isn't going to do much besides dump a lot of rain and maybe throw a few gusts here and there. Fhox made it through fine and I'm doing well too.

I logged in at 8-ish with definite plans only for Sufhi. While trying to work out good bones camps for Sufhi, I chatted a bit with GD and then Fhox joined in. Also, Matt had some DS issues he wanted help with. And then there was dinner to sort out. Fhox was probably wondering why there was so much lag between my responses!

Wiki suggested Beaucedine Glacier would be good, but the skeletons were spread too thin, so I bailed and went back to SSG. Xarcabard is another camp - but its skeletons are 42-45 and I figure that's higher than it needs to be even if they are better clustered together. And after rereading the AF leveling chart, it seems mobs +3 to Sufhi giver her the max, so I can maybe try some other lower-level groups.

In any case, while in SSG, Sufhi hit 33 and I ran into Geligely again. I think she's farming leeches for a SMN ruby because that's all I've seen her kill. I threw her a couple buffs while looking for our targets.

Then it was time for another Promy-Dem run, but this time Puma was coming. After dumping loot I met up with them. Because of a shortage of WHMs in Bastok, Puma had no ride so Fhox left the crag to get him. I wandered in alone and was able to beat down pretty much anything on the first floor, with max TP easy to hold.

The boys watched and asked me about the different color "balls" inside the Empty beasts. I explained about the elements and their colors, and then we went looking for all of them. I think the only one we missed was Wind. Fhox dropped Puma off and went back for Isa, so the two of us duoed and man, we were getting drops galore! His WAR skills with my healing meant no downtime and we just waded in and started swinging.

Once Fhox and Isa arrived we planned to hit the 4th floor for the map, but it was taking too long to get off the second and everyone needed to get sleep before work. The timing was good because I wanted to hit Jeuno and check in with Luto on AF quests. But I forgot to bring a warp scroll so I had to take a bird.

In Jeuno, I resisted the urge to go WHM for tele-taxis ad instead met up with Luto. As of now, the only things I can do is provide Sufhi with weapons and unlock AF points. The AF points become available after a super-easy quest upstairs in Ru'lude Gardens, and the man who handles the points and AF items is conveniently lurking near that floor's Rendezvous Point. I chatted with the NPC, got my new point total (just over 10k!) and went back to see if any more quests were open, but Luto didn't offer any.

By now, it was after midnight and bedtime.

No comments: