Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rescheduling


(Trying to stay positive in a sleepless world)

Today was a short 'n sweet because my car died again. Thankfully I was almost home and after a short walk, got a ride from my SIL who was passing by. The Honda is almost certainly in need of a timing belt. And this particular one also has a balance belt. Prices are anywhere from $450 to $530. This, after blowing over $500 on erroneous repairs earlier this year on a car worth -$200. So we're trying to work out a loaner and see if I can get my new ride by this weekend.

With all this car-stress, including getting my BIL to help tow me back home, I only had about 45 minutes total. I logged in, chatted with GD for a bit and took Aerin and Sufhi back to SSG. After a brief chat about PLD and Yalto's discovery of my "Why I Like WHM" post on Dreams, I said my goodbyes and switched to RDB for the duration.

As for Sufhi, leveling here is easy - if I can remember to keep Stoneshin and Haste up. I pretty much find the three nearest mobs and aggro them all with Dia II and -ga spells until Earth Crusher is ready. Lather, rinse, repeat until MP is gone. I need to check other bones camps because they go down faster than the Ironshell crabs and with mage skeletons, I take less damage because I resist a lot of their junk.

Fhox was explaining the AF leveling chart and I acknowledged that I'd seen it. Unlike that guide, I don't care about mobs with AoE's. If I'm dumping -ga after -ga on them none of them should ever target Sufhi directly, and when she does get whacked with some collateral damage, I can fling a C3 or Regen on her. Honestly, as fast as an all-skeleton group dies, it's not too much of an issue.

Fhox and I chatted some more about RDB and aside from the new members we're breaking in, he wants to continue exploring Promyvion zones and maybe ToAU missions. *That* sounds like a plan to me!

I logged off at about 10:15 and spent another half-hour reading about the AF bond and quests. Sufhi should be getting close to the first bond upgrade and I can give her new weapons now, too. She hit 32 today and should be 33 by Thursday. As soon as I get a Tactics Pearl (bond 33, not level 33, d'oh!) I can really go to town on mobs as low as +4 over her level since until 50, that gives her max XP.

No comments: