Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, January 4, 2009

70 The Hard Way


(I caved...XPed on WHM again)

For New Years, we did stuff IRL. Then I got to do stuff online later:

Saturday:

I crafted sanjaku-tenugui. 13 stacks. 34.2 to 37.5. Only lost 5 each of Cotton cloth and thread, about 4k. Sold about half of them and will keep dumping them. Looks like about 20 go through Jeuno every day at about 7k, and I prefer these to ninja socks because the ingredients are plentiful from either the guild shop or AH.

I partied, very briefly, on WHM, synced to 59. I swear I almost forgot how to main-heal at that level. No disasters and I ended the party (was warned about Last Boss) by Beneciding and pulling hate. I actually got a Stoneskin off while being hit. I needed to Benecide because they had pulled a little fast and I hadn't rested. Also, I think two of the front-line had been poisoned, so Bene took care of my curing and status problems.

Sunday:

I ended about 4.5k short of 70 and for some brain-dead reason opted to get it in Campaign. I haven't been to the past in so long I got busted down to Ribbon 1. I ran 4 battles and got 2k and 1.6k from one pair, 500 from one and I think 900 off the other. Plus piddly XP from a few Crystal Fist synth lessons. The battles took forever but they were fun. In one, I wound up in West Saruta kiting two Yags around waiting for reinforcements from the Optistery.

In any case, I got 70 in Meriph, popped my Raise III scroll, had no takers left dead in the mountains and warped home to try out Sublimation with a fully-powered WHM main. Dayum. Can't wait to PL now!

I still need 37 club points before I face Maat, and I'd love to see if anyone I know is trusting enough to rent me a K club for the fight when I have my junk together. I'm more than willing to pay for the rental, too.

Any takers? Any referrers? Post back please! ^^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could just do like most do, buy some evasion gear, buy a few exilers, and run around while maat hits you and you cure yourself. after a few minutes he gives up and bam instant win. mithra should easily be able to handle that, atleast you aren't a taru.

Jetackuu-Bahamut

Aerinravage said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jetackuu!

I know WHMs can take the turtle-cure route and I know between Stoneskin, Repose, Cures and Benecide I can get hit when I want and cast/rest when I want.

But that's no fun ^^ I spent the first 40-odd levels on WHM as a melee-mage and a pretty damn good one, I think. I did learn that most people don't *like* melee (white) mages in their parties, and as my partying focused more on chain-pulls and non-stop XP, I had to adapt.

Nowadays in-party, I'm all about the buffs and cures and stay in the back like I'm told. But Maat...Maat I can do *my* way, at least once or twice.

If I can't beat him in a straight(ish) fight I'll do the usual WHM method to get my LB5.