Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nope!



I decided to face Maat, sans DVD recorder.

The good news friends, is by the time I get another test, I may have bought a DVD recorder.

I geared up for about 45 minutes, between shopping (see below) and macroing in things I thought I'd need. I even chatted with Kakuzu about a "no points" event shell (Dyna or Sky I can't recall ><). I do want to start Dynamis soon to try for my Cleric's bits. What I bought: Meds:
Icarus Wing
Sleeping Pots (stack)
Jack-o-Lantern (Acc +10, Eva +10)

Gear (that thankfully I can resell)
Life Belt (Acc +10)
Silk Headband (Eva +7)
Dodge Cape (Eva +5)
Darksteel Maul
Opo-opo Necklace (for slept TP)

I set up buff sets, sleep, cure and paralyna macros. And thinking I had a plan, I traded the test and entered the arena. I had the strains of "Through the Fire and Flames" amping me up. Unfortunately Maat had a song too. Kind of sounded like DJ Aligator Project. Y'know, "The Whistle Song".

As per many others' strategies I opened with Diaga to wipe his shadows. Didn't work, because the subsequent Paralyze and Slow were eaten by clones. I did get off two Hexa Strikes and some curing but then I got silenced and in the next few seconds, he rolled me.

Since I had reraise up and he retreated to the center of the ring, I was able to reraise, use my Buff2 macro (Stoneskin, Blink and Aquaveil) and then watched as Maat nuked with Banishga III followed by a critical. Then some insults.

So, the next time I'll do things a little differently:
* Buff1, sleep TP, Buff2 (and be quick on the pots - they don't last too long)
* Remember to cast Haste and Regen /facepalm
* Either Diaga doesn't wipe shadows or my macro only threw Dia (gotta check)
* Consider running straight at Maat and Divine Seal + Repose to stop him buffing up, allowing me to buff then enfeeb uninterrupted
* Bring ethers (unless potions don't count TOWARD the win condition, then maybe bring lots 0f 'em
* Totally underestimated how much he casts while fighting. Barpara and Baraera! And more Echo drops. Or just shut him right up with a stuck Silence.
* Try my best knowing these adjustments will probably result in more bruises ^^

I was a little surprised that Maat didn't miss me - +22 on top of capped Eva? Seriously? And I think I will work on Shield (56%) and Enfeebling Magic (92%).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

{Amateur} =op
Fhox