Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting Sand Kicked In My Face


(Fun with other people)
I logged in late - 9:30 and, trying to be good to myself, wanted to log out by 10:30ish so that I might actually get 7 hours of sleep. I saw Archer partying in the Dunes and so OPed there to see about PLing his group as repayment for his help in the Tree. Turns out, he already *had* a PL - Ronuma.

So I ventured over to the Valkurm Emperor's tree stand and, not seeing anyone around, grabbed a fly. I was going to run around and link all four then kill them sequentially so I could watch the repops easily. But my plans took a sudden detour when I saw two mentors standing near the water's edge: Dolphjagsfan and Aalysa (I think, my apologies). Rather, my plans changed when DJ saw me because after a couple of checks he slapped me!

When I arrived they were standing idle NEXT TO A FLY so I assumed they weren't here for VE. I finished off the two I had and was running for the third when Aalysa PMed me saying they'd ben camping for 3 days straight with no luck and that she apologized for DJ's frustration. I thought about my options but not being a total jerk decided to take the high road. I knelt, wished them good luck, and left. ...Just as two more people crested the ridge. Good luck indeed!

Phax had contacted me by now asking if I wanted to sync. I didn't have the time but offered PL instead and he agreed. As I ran across the zone to his bunny camp near the La Theine line he died. By the time I found them it was a 5/6 wipe and the last one was at nothing HP-wise. Luckily as /SCH I could afford the MP to pull off 5 R2's in quick succession. Phax asked after my new abilities and I gave him the "back of the brochure" rundown on Scholar.

I PLed for about 30 minutes. I checked in with their leader Alta who seemed OK with me there. Actually, despite the odd hard hit, I rarely pulled hate. They really had it down. When I announced {Last Boss} x 3 they decided to throw gobs into the mix, but it worked out fine. There were a few dings along the way and I didn't kill anyone this time.

On my way to log out I decided to return to VE - nobody was there. I grabbed a couple of flies for fun but no VE pops. I may have to make a 20-30 minute campout a ritual - I could really use the Emperor's Hairpin on my melees and I can't afford the regular one at 400k!

I really enjoyed tonight. After the grind that was Saturday and Sunday it felt good to be helping other people again. However, I still want to put Maat down and finish off WHM - I'm getting antsy about working on other jobs but don't want to until I hit 75.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man you people have bad timing VE dead 3 times in 12 hours lol sadly no drop but atleast i gotta kill him

Aerinravage said...

Check today's post - I popped him with less than 10 minutes of effort yesterday, but 0/1