Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Clubbing with Archer

(I know I played late Saturday night - I just don't know what I did...I think I soloed crabs and fish in Gustav for Shield skillups)

Sunday I was on for about 6 hours. I logged in and began hunting for SU help in Whitegate. I saw Damu trying to put together something in GD, and after giving him a chance, threw in my own request. Archer accepted and we quickly OPed to the Zi'Tah region. I love that music, BTW.

Basically, we were there for a couple hours. I don't think Arch expected any skillups but was happy to help and work on his WS quest (300 landed WSes!). Well, when we gave up downstairs when I started capping out, he got more than he planned on upstairs. He pulled ina lot of Sword, Parry, Shield and I can only assume Eva. I got my usual assortment, MINUS club. I think in close to an hour up there I only got a few tenths... Maybe I'm too high for downstairs and too low for up?

We also had some drama when we pulled aggro from korrigans (my fault for not checking their aggro triggers), Goobbues, and a Water Elemental, then everyone else in a great dogpile. I facilitated one wipe by sleeping an angry Goob, trying to get Arch to move, and then hitting it with my club when I forgot I re-targeted to cast and walked close. Arch got himself dead when I got aggroed by the aforementioned elemental. I was sleeping it when he voked and started attacking it. It killed him shortly thereafter. Thankfully it depopped rather than coming after me. I was able to handle the crab he'd been working on and also got him raised.

Another death was mine when we were Sneaking back downstairs and that same Elemental didn't care for my Sneak recast. It hit us both, dropping our stealth and causing everyone else to come after us into the downstairs tunnel. It was a funny sight seeing giant Goobs stuffed into the little pathway. Thankfully this time only I died.

Despite grabbing pumpkins for us after one wipe, I was having a lousy time upstairs. So I think I'll have to return to Gustav or try SSG. 65-69 range overall. One great thing though, other than Club=210, was I also fixed my WHMsch macro bar and really got into the groove of using my "save MP" macro to stretch my mana, especially on the frequent Regen III's and Hastes I was using.

With the deaths came a 2k loss into 69 and no more R3 or Sublimation! So I tried a Campaign battle. One battle, because it lasted like 90 freaking minutes! I did get to hang with Lori and Nutbutter (Missed you guys!). I wound up raising a few people and getting a few myself. I even kited Dee Quia (sp?) for a bit after I pulled his hate and someone nearby was kind enough to stick a Gravity on him so he'd stop with the fast running.

So, I still need 10 club and 8 eva to cap those at 70. And 92 for Shield... The Saturday Gustav skillup experiment worked - TW mobs will grant points as long as the skill cap is below the mob. Man I love VanaCalc - makes this so much easier. I need to share that sheet soon.

No comments: