Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hunting the Emperor


(I'll dethrone him yet!)
Today was a split day - about 50 minutes prior to Y-time, then about 90 before bed. In the first stint, I spent just under 10 minutes killing flies and VE popped. My record so far, 0/1. I headed for Jeuno to sell some Monomi supplies at a loss because I'm getting tired of seeing them in my red list. The resell fees are killing me.


Turns out Ape passed on the Y having too much classwork to grade so after watching some Reba, Still Standing and American Idol, I got the big TV back ^^ I piddled about in Jeuno and then Fhox (you remember Fhox, right? RDB boss, RDM badass?) asked if I wanted to join him, Isa, and Ali in Battalia Downs of the Past killing stuff. It took 5 minutes to zone in and from the moment I pulled out my club to a breakup about 45 minutes later, I didn't have to call for rest once.


We had our hands full too - the gobs loved to link in at will and Smilodons would come by from time to time. Fhox and I handled Sleep duties to keep things manageable but otherwise it was a 4-person beatdown party. Ali's dances helped and Fhox and Isa did the nuke/fight thing.


And me? I wound up tanking for a good bit! I pulled so much hate for sleeping mobs then Curaga 2/3 casts that some of them rarely left me. I also Flashed a lot (to Dark, the spell not the Mardi Gras thing) and my enfeebs (when stuck) pissed them off too.


Isa and I learned a couple neat things about Sublimation. It blocks Refresh for one. And when left alone as a DoT, I can't rest. Using Stoneskin fixes this but, odd... Between Subs, SCH's conserve MP tricks and Starburst, I didn't have mana issues for once. Maybe now I could survive chain-pullers a little better.


Before going to bed I returned to Valkurm and spent 20 minutes or so killing flies but no Emperor.

No comments: