Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Long Nights

I can't remember it all, so here's another list:

* Not on Thursday to spend time with Ape
* Saw Mall Cop then was on late Fri...
* More time spent camping VE - missed out to Broly and one other. Can't believe it didn't occur to me sooner to get this thing for Maat fight! /sigh
* Worked on Chameleon Capers (done) and Blessed Radiance (50%) for my lil' buddy Sufhi
* Crafted when the opportunity struck - got to 38.4 and made some money finally. Need Feather Collar for test
* Unlocked Bard
* Actually ran some teles, making about 10k total

Sunday night I got back on to skillup with Raki. We went to SSG and moments after I pulled the first Greatclaw (which never found us from its bridge above) we were asked to help out with Zeroknight's NM run. Raki knows these guys it seems and I didn't mind. The NM? Charybdis a mega-Manta dropper of Joyeuses. It's a big deal for level 70 fighters.

After forming one group for my effectiveness, I saw that TigerKiwi was on WHM/BLM. Haven't seen her since that Zilart mission in Tonberry town. We also had Vin and Okari (sp). The first fight seemed to take forever and then I had to Benecide. I managed to die away from camp so I could RR and continue. I even lasted long enough to unweaken but even with two WHMs it wasn't enough - Charby is too good at breaking shadows with AoE and multi hit attacks.

Then we tried again. This time I went Dark Arts for Dispel and paid more attention to MP (well, not like I didn't before but tried to spread things out a bit more). We were doing better but then Okari's shadows fell and back-to back hits flattened him. Raki wound up dead in the middle of the room where Charby and a friend cruise. I joked he was supposed to kite for 5 minutes while we reraised and unweakened but he said no :p.

Much thanks BTW to TK for having tractor and for helping with curing and raises - I died twice but managed to stay 70 with her help on R3.

We were almost ready for Round 3 when Stweie swept in. Vin tried to beat Stew to the claim but lost by >< that much. We watched as Stewie SOLOED for 5 minutes. NIN/DNC owns, it seems, much like MNK/DNC. Note to self, make DNC a priority after SCH ^^

He was soon joined by two RDMs, Reaumond (sp) and Ominousknight. Raki was discussing in Party chat what a bad move it was for Stewie to be here because he only found out Charby was up from Zero's shell (I think - could be from a common shell?). I wanted none of the drama but did enjoy watching Stewie own Charybdis. Only 3 times did Stewie seem close to biting it, but the very successful Paras from the RDMs gave him time to recast shadows.

Aside from some public catcalls, not much else happened and then we left. I was up for close to 3 hours on this series of fights and am still sleepy. But it was amazing experience nonetheless.

Much thanks to Zero for the chance - don't worry, I'd do it again anytime.

No comments: