Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

ALIVE


(I don't have a "deep respect and compassion" icon)

I bought a "To Write Love On Her Arms" shirt today. I've wanted one for awhile now but the selection at Hot Topic failed to thrill. But after a chat I had with a good friend the other night I made it a point to grab one. I picked up the light grey one that has TWLOHA written out over the right breast.

I'm not sure how much I've blogged in here about it, but I know I've shared with some of you. I have plenty of personal experience with depression/suicide and addiction, both my own (depression) and in helping others (both). I've lost family to suicide and I've helped others when they were on the edge.

My "Well of Sorrows" post is revealing here, because I accepted that gift during a particularly dark time in my life. So when my friend shared what they shared about their experience, I decided to stand up publicly.

Here's the best part... While the shirt is a little small for an XL, it's an appropriate length. It looks good. But my family insists it's a girl's shirt... /sigh

-~-~-

I just realized something - the first letters of my three shells spell "RMT". Time to shuffle the order?

To whomever was driving what looked like an Infiniti, maybe 7 years old, I'm sorry. I made things harder on you than needed during our little drag race. Please forgive me.

No comments: