Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Get Over It, People!

Friday's news was all aflutter with what Glambert did. And with whom. I finally got to see the whole thing. *MY* thoughts:

* The "trip and roll" was very smoothly handled, to the point where it wasn't certain he didn't mean it on purpose.
* The overall act was definitely risque, but not necessarily more or less than others' performances.
* No, I wouldn't really want to be watching this with my kids, but Lambert's orientation isn't the issue - He was blatantly sexual, with a thong-snap, crotching of a dancer, model-dragging, and some dominatrixy-style stuff.
* The kiss wasn't anything special. I did think the pianist was rather goofy looking...

The Reaction
Aside from complaints flooding into ABC, Lambert's cancellation by GMA seemed extreme to me. Have these people ever seen a typical music awards show?

(fast forwarding to Thanksgiving Day)
Our condo has at least 15 people in it, all related to me in some way. Discussion turned to Amazing Race. My sister's co-worker is related to Sam & Dan, the brother-contestants who came out weeks before going on the Race. My aunt's reaction? "What a waste!"

Huh? If they find someone to love and they have good relationships with their lovers, what's wasted? Love is only wasted if it isn't shared!

The topic inevitably shifted to the AMAs and Adam's performance. More vitriol and intolerance, I'm afraid. I actually got up and left the room. I couldn't take it anymore.

Many of my closest friends over the last 15 years have been gay, and presently I can number at least 4 whom I'm close to. They're loving and normal and human, each of them, and I don't understand the resistance.

No comments: