Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dancing My Pants Off


(I really needed this!)

After Amazing Race, we realized our other two shows weren't coming on. The American Music Awards were on instead. I looked at Ape with a pleading expression (because I generally detest awards shows). She graciously sent me off. So I got a little Vana time after all.

Because AR was football-delayed, I didn't actually get logged in until about 9:30, and I did my usual shell and friendlist checks. Then I decided to flag up on Dancer, hoping to maybe get a short party that would get me 39 and on the way to 40. At about 9:45, Martimaki asked me if I wanted to join his group in East Ronfaure [S]. Heck yes!

It took me a little time to sort gear (sending the recollections to Surg and paying Demire for the animas), and I also OP warped to the wrong past-zone ><. But I got there. Just after 10, I ran up to the waiting party. I couldn't help but get flashbacks to the time I was here in March. But unlike then, we had no problems in the group and like that time, everybody was really nice.

I got asked to pull and so I did, trying my best. I had thought with only SCH for main-heal we'd be so-so on mana rests but there were two thing's I'd forgotten, not having leveled this high in ages: Zot, our SCH, had Sub, plus 2 charges. And I was expected to heal too (duh). Well, I had a little trouble with landing hits at first so Zot had to carry the load.

Until we dinged once or twice, then my ACC was plenty good and I essentially took over main-heal while Zot buffed, enfeebed and nuked. I started trying my best to chain-pull but I had to balance walking off to early to find the next link in the chain and fighting my TP up.

All that would change when the group hit 40. Zot immediately broke out one of the coolest Scholarly tricks, Accession. Then I remembered *I* had new tricks too! And oh my! Did I ever get a good one! Reverse Flourish pretty much gives me free TP, based on my usage of enfeebling steps. So now, as I joked with Deej (or was it in shell?) - I'm like a Samurai, but with /style/!

XP flowed fast and free, and there were no panics or deaths. I ended about halfway to 42, with much hope for finding parties again now that I have better abilities. I'll have to check with Demire but I'd expect at 45 I become everybody's best friend again with Haste Samba!

After Marti ended the party at just after 12, I got a whisper from Deej asking for Raise-help in Qufim. It took me a little time but I got out there, raised Kep, and stuck with the group (Hi again Sanwa!) PLing for about 20 minutes, then it was bedtime.

No comments: