Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

No More Dreams in Vana'Diel

I may be through with Final Fantasy.

After getting a second full account in May (paying from June on)...
After earning the gil for a large wedding plus the dress (130k)...
After trying *three* chaperones and not having any luck with them...
And AFTER the new do-it-yourself system debuting the day before Ape and I celebrate our real-life 15'th anniversary...

Square-Enix decides to screw me. The dress and ring can now be bought straightaway. The problem?

The dress costs 8x what it did, and the ring (which would have been included in a ceremony as cheap as 30k) is 80k. For ONE. For Jesup and Aer to wed, I need 560,000 gil. 4x what it would have cost before.

And what's more - 130k before got a fully run ceremony - arrive and drive, as it were. Now, I *think* 560k just dresses the bride and provides 2 rings (needed for certificate) but the Player Event Service (for the actual ceremony) costs as well.

I hailed a GM, and was surprised to get a response. I made my case and got a polite "make a complaint" speech, and when I asked why the price would jump so high, I was told maybe 560k was the average of the previous ceremonies. Wha~?!

I am honestly and truly gutted over this. I already gave up on dreams of endgame, of AF2, of Goliard gear and sea and sky access. This wedding was all I was holding onto and now they deny me even this.

I have made real mistakes sure, but should I still be paying for them? In this way?

I'm so ready to just walk away...

Somebody give me a reason not to. Please?

No comments: