Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day!


(Great day except for my slip-up)

The boys woke us up at about 8:30 and the unwrapping began! Aside from the small things, Elder got his laptop and Younger got more Lego sets and a bike. Both got new games (I had fun showing them the Scribblenauts PA strip). Ape got her new camera, a nice heart/cross necklace, PJs, and some smaller things. I got a CD, a few movies and some shirts, plus a nice hoodie. I didn't really ask for anything as I'm still in penance mode. Also, I'm directing gift efforts towards my cosplay gear.

We made it to my parents' at 10:30 and had the big breakfast. As always it was great but I finally realized something - I need to request sausage next year! From them it was the usual, but appreciated, cash plus small thoughtful gifts. Ape's fave was a musical ornament that plays "All I Ask Of You" from Phantom. That was our first dance at our wedding :3

From there, it was back home for rest and meal prep. Ape made her usual delicious mashed potatoes and then gave a Paula Deen baked mac & cheese recipe a shot. Yes, there was butter - a *lot* of it... We made it to her sis' place at 4:30 and were there until 9-ish. Presents, food, games, and chit-chat. The cousins got, among other things, a netbook and Band Hero. I wound up setting both these items up and got into BH enough to see Evanescence.

In Vana'diel I logged in just as Fury was starting Naax and Demire on ACP. I joined in with plans to stay on as long as they pressed on. Turns out the first round of key drops was it for Demire. They wanted to try more ACP at 8pm Saturday and I said I'd have to see. I ran to the Tenshodo with my key (already having finished the cutscene) and... I got Utsusemi: Ni! Really! Doesn't quite make up for the wedding fiasco, but I do need it, so, yay me!

In horrific faux pas news, I totally forgot Fury had said his wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver last Christmastime. He mentioned wanting the holidays to end soon and then that her birthday was coming up. A bit confused, I said Happy Birthday to her and almost immediately realized who I was talking to. I felt so~o~o bad! I expressed my condolences to him as Demire reminded me.

/kneels respectfully.

No comments: