Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, December 21, 2009

Work at the Office, Work at the Mall

Last day of work before my Christmas break!

Figured out the library system's barcodes - they're almost certainly Code 39, printed upside down of all things. I generated my classic number and taped it to one of the kid's cards. I'll have to check it out (see what I did there?) ASAP.

After work, we watched a great Survivor Finale. Russell did NOT win! Yaay! Brett's showdown against Russell for the final immunity challenge was epic but unfortunately Brett went down first... He was ridiculously gracious in his exit from the game: "Thanks for the adventure!"

Later, at the jury session, much was made of Russell's jerky play, Mick's moderate style, and Natalie's admitted coattail riding. In fact, it may have been the final word from Eric who credited Natalie with a deliberate strategy of staying close to Russell, as opposed to passively getting by, that may have handed her the win! Russ looked really pissed during the announcement of the final vote - GOOD!

I then went to bed, at like 9. I was beat, but let Ape and Bran watch Penelope. I roused a few times but missed almost all of it. I read some more then went to bed for the night.

Tuesday was shopping day, plus Avatar. Started the day at about 2pm and didn't get home until 11. I found enough items on Ape's list to do it right. When we got home, she wrapped her purchases. I have to wrap mine later.

Avatar - as I told Kep: "I felt the plot was somewhat predictable (a common ailment), the storytelling was very nice and had some unexpected elements, the action was top-notch and the FX were seamless."

Ape said something interesting - she asked me if I liked the Na'vi. I told her, in all seriousness, that they looked like Mithra - Elvaan hybrids of some sort. For the film they were perfect. But I wouldn't RP one.

Much later, she said something unexpected and very sweet: She wanted to get me a t-shirt made that said Aerin of the front and had a pic of Aerin on the back. She said the RSE was out but that anything else was OK, lol. I was genuinely touched!

Slowly getting into the new book... Setting is very interesting and the Celtic lore / Fair Folk angle is new for me. Plus, it's not *too* far from Ape's Scottish heritage.

Soho tracked me down on Skype. We chatted briefly but he left suddenly, as is his wont. Deej and Kepi and I chatted a bit more but I checked out at about 3am, to read while Ape watched Steel Magnolias. Again.

'Nights all!

No comments: