Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Today was a busy day. Thankfully all our shopping was already finished, and everything wrapped. But there was plenty in store for me nonetheless. Ape took off for a bit and I ran to get breakfast for myself. Bear in mind, this was two in the afternoon as I'd stayed up late with the demos last night.

On returning home, I wolfed down my food and got ready in a flash because Ape neglected to tell me that we had to pick her mom up on the way to Mass and that we were supposed to pose for pics in her decorated living room. It was OK though - we made it just 4 minutes late as things were still warming up.

Mass was good but I had to sit a row up as there were too many of us for the middle-of-the-church pew we landed in. Father Luke is still awesome. He even had Santa come in at the end, which was very touching. Only later did Ape inform me we were at Children's mass, lol.

After that it was a quick stop for a last-minute gift card, then the drive to St. Augustine for dinner and light-gazing. Dinner was a major fail - the place we wanted was closed and the restaurant we ended up in was a mess. Food was decent but the service was slooow and the tickets were all messed up. After that we went to the central park area where most of the lights were. Driving over the Bridge of Lions to reach it provided a wonderful sight of the trees, buildings and walls lit up!

At one point in the walk, we went inside the Cathedral-Basilica of St. Augustine. My breath was taken away again. I've been here 37 years and somehow missed this. Well, to be fair, most of St. Augustine isn't my style. But this was something else altogether! We only had about 10 minutes as they were locking up. I walked around and took in as much as I could and then had to leave.

From there we stopped at Krystals for my dinner (I don't eat seafood) and we split an egg-nog shake. The food and the shake were very tasty!

Once home, I sent my Christmas well-wishes to my friends (the ones I found on, anyhow ^^). Deej, Kush, Kep and Autumn - Merry Christmas!

Now I'm reading and half-watching "A Christmas Story" and getting ready for bed.

Merry Christmas all, and to all a good night! <3

No comments: