Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, December 11, 2009

Real Life Gets in the Way

I've been exceedingly busy at work lately, staying well past my usual "clock-out" time on these major projects we have cooking. Also, with Christmas approaching, our family's "silly season" kicks into high gear about this time.

Friday I partied on RDM, getting to within 2.5k needed for 41 (Refresh). It was not my finest moment as, assuming this was /that/ party, I died on arrival with a mob of angry ladybugs out for my blood. Got raised by Soho, who PLed for a bit.

The next day I soloed in Altepa. It was a pain but I managed to get it. In hindsight why I chose to go /WHM instead of the obvious /NIN is beyond me. But now I have Refresh and Convert and maybe can get some midlevel action on Red Mage. Plus, RDM's AF is totally sexy. 'Specially on a Mithra!

Sunday it was BLM's turn, in a Rogues group. The party worked OK but once again we could have used Sleep coordination on links. We wiped once and had some solo deaths too. But I got a little more than a full level off it.

Later that night I logged in only to find Deej under siege by Cyncere, Doylus and others. They were sharing moronic opinions of Deej's Valkurm gear. Valkurm! I've partied there in my wash day rags for lack of better armor at the low levels!

As soon as he told me I ported out, planning to give them a piece of my mind. But in the 5 minutes it took for me to zone in, they left. I /just/ missed them. Deej seemed pissed but calmed after a little bit. I did my best to comfort, but oddly, I'd wind up really pissed myself the next day at work.

It bothered me all day Monday in fact. My friends have enough to deal with without idiotic attacks from small-minded people...

Also, somewhere in this time interval, I read Holes (Louis Sachar). It was good but told a little simplistically. The plot and some of the twists were good and all, and there were some unexpected depths to some of the characters, but overall, it felt like a literary snack. A tasty one, to be sure, but not a full meal.

No comments: