Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Crafting for (Masochistic) Fun and (Negative) Profit

My mood WAS this:


(Oh well...I can make it back on NIN tools)

But then my whole post got eaten and the autosaved draft was EMPTY!!! /argh

Anyway, what I said was basically this: I didn't do anything but craft for 2 hours last night, save for a rescue tele for Enz. Dark's looking for some help this weekend and I plan on working in both shells, and hopefully finally getting a chance to try out NIN/WAR at 24+. Couldn't party if I wanted to because Ape and I watched Survivor, Gray's Anatomy and ER.

Started on shinobi-tabi but after too many breaks went back to the heko obi. I did get 1 and 2/3rd stacks and added from my own Ninja stash to put 2 full stacks up on the AH. Got from 21 to 24 and change by synthing and desynthing over and over. Will switch back to tabi once I hit 25 or 26.

Some interesting chatter in GD, with Fhox and with Phax. More fun salacious chat in GD courtesy of Dark and my auto-sarcasm response ^^

Ran into two crafters several times while blowing a wad of gil on mats: Qooooooo and Kylie. I always wondered how the economy could handle double-digit quantities of stacks of crystals. Now I know - I think I personally bought 5 stacks of Earth and 3 of Lightning, not to mention all the cotton from the Guild shop.

2 comments:

Vagu'Stae said...

Saruta Cotton drops at about 10-20% without TH from the mandies in Tahrongi Canyon. They're also stealable. :D My bf and I ended up getting a ton of them from EXPing THF. Lol. Funny that he's also gonna be a clothcrafter.

Aerinravage said...

Actually, I did exactly that during one craft cycle. Drop rate still takes a little long to fill a stack and I have like 10-15 stacks of tabi socks to make to hit 34.

Probably more ^^