Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's like Dancing, But in a Line

(I don't have a Dancer mood bar)

Ummm, Saturday, and again last night, I did something I never expected to do. I danced with Ape. But, it wasn't nice romantic slow dancing. Or breakdancing, or the foxtrot. No, I LINE-danced. She and my mom have been taking a class for months now and twice have been invited to dance on stage at various little festivals - think Spring Flings, fall festivals, etc. Anyway, Saturday, she was trying to get Bran up for the audience participation bit. When the announcer asked for volunteers Bran started to get up and I coaxed him up by going as well. Plus, Ape had offered us each bribes $.$

So I did like 4 dances I never practiced. Only my raw Dancer skill and 5 years of rhythm-building DDR at a semi-competitive level helped ne through. Ape was very happy I got up there and thankfully enough for me, I was born without a sense of shame. I figure the awkward feelings of dozens of staring eyes and unsure movements would help when I finally get to cosplay.

Fast forward a bit. My mom says she has to drop the class she takes weekly with Ape (the one where they dance and Bran and I work out on the Y equipment) because she and my dad are switching something schedule-wise. Ape was devastated. So... I sucked it up and went last night. I was maybe one of 4 newbs. As before, my semi-natural skills helped although I learned quickly that there is a lot to learn. There's a whole new vocabulary of skills to master!

Ape was so overjoyed I went with her I could have probably asked her for anything. She even OFFERED to play FFXI with me. I may have to take her up on that, at least long enough to get a wedding in-game out of it.

And for more fun, read this!

No comments: