Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Revelations From Tamaran


(Free /hugs for whomever gets that)

Today was supposed to be a crafting day, as I got on close to 5:30 and it was Y night. I launched right in to Yag fletchings and it didn't take long to get halfway to 22, the cap. So now I have 2 stacks of fletchings and am in need of a new recipe to hit 28 with.

Fhox was on, and was shocked I was as well. He asked, "What are you doing here?" which threw me and then it was more of a "here, NOW" kinda thing. I explained my schedule sometimes gets me home by 4:30 but I had to mow and do dishes first.

In any case, while crafting away, Star pleaded in shell for someone to join her party in the Dunes. I begged off, but some time later she PMed me with the same request. So I warned her I had to leave in less than 30 minutes and warped out to the Konschact lizard camp. Upon meeting the party, I said my hellos and kneeled, as is my custom. Star shouted in party chat: "DON'T KNEEL". Intrigued, I PMed a "Why?", not sure what to expect. The answer honestly put a smile on my face: "When you do that it makes you look like a tramp." I took her words to mean she doesn't think I should bow and scrape so much. I'm not sure if she meant anything else by it.

While I appreciated her concern and told her so, I don't think I can stop with the manners. For starters, I do it because it's neat and adds a layer of chivalrous honor to the adventure. Also, I mean the respect I'm offering. And, that's just how my momma raised me ^^

I only had 15 minutes in the Dunes and upon accepting Star's invite, I saw Arch was in the party also. By the time the group assembled (including two rescue runs by me to the tunnel) we had a grand total of two pulls. The first went well, netting me 105xp banded. The next one killed me and Xanthos. Turns out it was a link but I didn't see the second lizzy until I was already dead.
Offers to change and raise were made but I said I had to run and didn't mind HPing. Xanthos' HP was in Selbina and he eventually chose that route. I warped home and logged out.

After the Y I logged in again to wrap up my synthing, go on a farming run and to make my way to Jeuno and sell the finished goods as well as a Bouncer Club and Wilow Wand I don't need anymore. I never made it to Jeuno, what with a few chats going on and a last-minute tele passenger. I wound up chatting with Phax, Vagustae and the passenger (who popped out of the MH entrance shouting for a 5k tele).

I had been teasing Vagu thinking she was AFK: "Stop stalking me or I'll have to tell my moogle ^^" But AFK she was not! We chatted for a sec, as she was off to farm. I wished her luck and returned to Phax and my passenger who was gracious enough to try to pay me the 2k I requested and to do it again on landing after I emptied an inventory slot ><

Tonight I have to get to Jeuno to sell this stuff and maybe begin the next leg of synths.

No comments: