Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, October 4, 2008

What Have I Done?


(Always glad to help, but at what cost?)

Logged in at about 4:15 and did the following:

Short Qufim party on SCH that got me 25 - someone left and leader DBed. OK though - all I wanted was 25.

Chatted with GD some and was messing around when Stoik asked for help in Wajaom. Right after, Fhox got on and said it was time for 5-1 and 5-2. Couldn't find a rep for Stoik (who wanted a refresher anyway) so I begrudgingly went. Told leader Titen I needed to go and wasn't planning on partying, just helping a shellmate.

He found a BRD who rode out and waitied. Titen never called for a pause to swap us and Naveh (sp) LEFT! I told them one more chain then Stoik left after dinging. I left too as they were disbanding anyway. Warped home for Fhox. However, one hour or so there got me 6k XP!


Party: Fhox, Isa, Puma, Darkanda, Raki, Enz and me
Switched shells and spent the next 3.5 hours getting to the Vahzl gate crystal, FeiYin's arena and the fight (I sat out but watched the status while chatting with Phax), then back to Castle Zvahl after Enz and Isa flagged the next mission. Long long walk to the Throne Room of the Shadow Lord and we had to go two rounds! Near the end of his first form he goes pretty invincible. I had started nuking and we actually beat form one (sorry for the premature congrats!) but his Giga Slash (THREE of them) left only Puma, Dark and Isa alive and Isa fell quickly to SL's second form. For the second go-round, Raki stayed out instead of Fhox and we won handily. For some reason, SL didn't throw one GS...

After the cutscenes and some teles, I went AFK to spend time with Ape. She was very upset at how long I was on, and mad I didn't meet them for dinner at around 9:30. I think she still loves me though ^^

After she went to bed I came out to find Phax looking for help in the Dunes. He wanted me to bring him some stuff from the AH and so I couriered it to him. Then he mentions he needs a WHM for his party, so I accept. WHM19 was very weird - lowest WHM sync by far!

Party only lasted 15 minutes when someone bailed. Phax was upset because he'd spent all day trying to level and was going backwards and was finally getting some XP back. We chatted in the Dunes for a bit (hope you liked your macro!) and then I offered to take him to Jeuno. He had the Holla crystal so that made things faster, and as a WAR21 we didn't get a lot of aggro to slow us down. I think we actually made it in like 25 minutes.

Once in I chatted with Luto for kicks but the quest advanced! Phax bade me goodnight while I was trapped in a long CS and then I logged as well.

Phax commented I was odd, then elaborated I was very calm but with a little deviousness inside. TY, and I mean that! Yes, I am odd, and I love my uniqueness - my readers know that, right?! As I explained to him, I'm 90% WHM, 7% RDM, 3% BLM.

Some notes: Joked with Fhox when Puma, Dark and Enz temporarily switched to GD: "It's like traffic lights ^^" Fhox loled. Dark was very reserved this time, so I didn't get to break out the new macro for him. Still hate how time-consuming this game is WRT getting places.

Also, to expand on my earlier point about parties: I wasn't trying to say I look down on people who bail on parties. I know there are bad parties, and that sometimes RL makes the decision for us. What I meant was that I try to never leave people hanging because I want them to know I'm dependable. Part iof the whole "my rep is my most prized asset in-game" thing. I stuck with Stoik because I had already said yes, and I stuck with Fhox's rank-up even though it got me in trouble because too many people needed me there.

That's not to say that next time I can just plow through the clock - I really don't like letting Ape down either! But she doesn't understand that you can't pause this thing or just change players... /sigh

Total time on: 9 hours, minus 1 AFK (yikes!)

No comments: