Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, October 24, 2008

More Quietness


(Even when I go to bed early...)

Wednesday night I logged in and tried going "/away on". This time, I got no tells and only one email from Fhox. I replied that this "loner phase" of mine was going to end soon and I'd be back in the shell ASAP. However, I've been thinking about it - FFXI has been dominating my thoughts a lot less lately. Some of that is due to finally having a real sports car to obsess over. My dad and I are trying to find a track we can drive to the limit on.

Also I've been watching more DVDs lately. I finished Initial D recently and began Firefly last night. I caught some of the eps when they aired on Fox all those years ago, but never with enough regularity to keep the story together. Once I finish this set it's off to MovieStop to see what I can watch next.

However, even without these external distractions, I'm wondering if I'm burning out. It's not that I dislike my time online. But I just don't seem to *crave* it as much as I used to. The past couple days of "me time" have led me to think I need to take more time for myself and my goals (see those goals on the right there? Yea?) while still making time for all my friends in-game.

Gameplay Recap: Wednesday was pretty much all farming. Thursday was an AF run for Yalto in the Necropolis that started at 9 and ended at 10 when Arch led us to an exit and my time was up anyway. Thankfully I was able to log off cleanly and on time. Didn't matter - I woke up TWICE in the middle of the night...

Tonight is going to be Honoring Teachers night - I'm honoring Ape for acing her in-class review by her administration. She's new at this grade level (she has a few years in the pre-K to K range) and was having anxiety attacks over what she was going to present while being observed.

And the subject she'd be watched in was Math, her least favorite. But she put together a neat lesson on factorization and prime & composite numbers and got good marks for her instructional design and clear love of education.

I have no idea what time I'm gonna be on. I might forgo play tonight and log in early Saturday instead. I can't keep wrecking my sleep schedule. I nearly died from it two years ago and if anything's gonna kill me IRL it won't be a game.

More personal notes: My sis was supposed to log in yesterday or today to check in, and to find the post title I punned together for her. So far, no contact. And Wednesday afternoon when I got home from work, Matt asked if he could mow the yard. Remember, this is the mini-Me that can't remember to clean up his room, his dinner dishes, etc. And he wanted to mow? I pulled out our mower and showed him how to work it, and y'know? He did a nice job for his first time out. He's finally realizing doing chores is worth it because we'll pay. I hate yard work!

No comments: